View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:19 pm 
That seems to work well on the missing episodes. Need to spend more time looking around in there.

I followed the instructions on the Knoppmythwiki for the Cron_hulu_grabber.sh
That allows the Cron to update the listings every morning when the cron.daily runs.

I find that after that cycle opening this in the morning first run takes a little over a minute then every other time it is very quick.

hth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:47 pm 
OK the WAF is real strong with this one. Vodka has been working real nice and we seem to be watching it all the time.

Only bugs I'm currently seeing is the hulu stream seems to die after an hour or so, so no movies.

Some hulu stuff refuses to stream.

And I have a request to get Vodka running on SFE.

I wonder if Cecil is going to add Vodka to the next KM out of the box?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:58 am 
Site Admin
Too Many Secrets wrote:
I wonder if Cecil is going to add Vodka to the next KM out of the box?
Yes. I'll hopefully get to this tomorrow. If not, barring any issues it should be done by the weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:55 am 
Too Many Secrets wrote:

Fix for this issue is in the wiki-- download and install mythvodka_0.7_for_km55_v8.tgz from the attachments.

The views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:02 pm 
marc.aronson wrote:
Too Many Secrets wrote:

Fix for this issue is in the wiki-- download and install mythvodka_0.7_for_km55_v8.tgz from the attachments.

Ok, I downloaded and updated to the newer version--not that it seemed to help with my current issue.

Here's the problem. If I use Mythvodka when the frontend is launched/owned by mythtv, I get the error about "sorry old chap..."

On the other hand if I drop to the desktop, and launch the frontend as root, everything works just fine (aside from the remote not controlling anything anymore...).

Any suggestions where I should start poking since it sounds like a permissions issue?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:37 pm 
L0o0ky wrote:
marc.aronson wrote:
Too Many Secrets wrote:

Ok, I downloaded and updated to the newer version--not that it seemed to help with my current issue.

Here's the problem. If I use Mythvodka when the frontend is launched/owned by mythtv, I get the error about "sorry old chap..."

On the other hand if I drop to the desktop, and launch the frontend as root, everything works just fine (aside from the remote not controlling anything anymore...).

Any suggestions where I should start poking since it sounds like a permissions issue?

You're having a different problem and there are many possible explanations -- anything from a permission issue to improper installation of a component. Some things to try:

1. chmod a+rwx /var/tmp

2. Check /var/tmp to be sure that all files that mythvodka plays with are readable/writable by mythtv.

3. The the mythtv frontend logs for error messages OR run the myth frontend from an xterm window. Once the error occurs exit the frontend and see if there are any useful diagnostic messages in the xterm window.

The views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:52 am 
marc.aronson wrote:
L0o0ky wrote:
marc.aronson wrote:
Too Many Secrets wrote:

You're having a different problem and there are many possible explanations -- anything from a permission issue to improper installation of a component. Some things to try:

1. chmod a+rwx /var/tmp

2. Check /var/tmp to be sure that all files that mythvodka plays with are readable/writable by mythtv.

3. The the mythtv frontend logs for error messages OR run the myth frontend from an xterm window. Once the error occurs exit the frontend and see if there are any useful diagnostic messages in the xterm window.

Ok, I have had a breakthrough (just in case anyone comes across this):
1 & 2)The /var/tmp dir's permissions were good--rwx all around.

3)There weren't any error messages showing up in the logs at least not with anything related...

3a) on a lark, I ran (from the xterm window launch of mythfrontend)
/usr/local/bin/hulu http://www.hulu.com/watch/49352 /var/tmp/iplayerdump.partial.mov
As root, it worked just fine--but not as mythtv. It popped up a message about not being able to write to /var/log/mythtv/hulu_quality.log. One quick chmod later and I'm watching streaming video--it's better quality than what I get off of the cable. :)

Thanks for the tips and I hope this info comes in handy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:33 pm 
Site Admin
If this is a permissions issues, can /myth/tmp be used? The origina idea behind /myth/tmp was for use when ripping DVDs, but there is no reason it cannot be use for other things. Creating something like /myth/tmp/vodka would be my suggestion for this instead of messing w/ /var/tmp. In addtion, /myth should have plenty of space.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:06 pm 
cecil wrote:
If this is a permissions issues, can /myth/tmp be used? The origina idea behind /myth/tmp was for use when ripping DVDs, but there is no reason it cannot be use for other things. Creating something like /myth/tmp/vodka would be my suggestion for this instead of messing w/ /var/tmp. In addtion, /myth should have plenty of space.

My recollection is that /var/tmp already had usable permissions, but so did /var/log/mythtv, which is the directory looky had the permission issue with. I guess I'm surprise there was a permission issue on /var/log/mythtv -- doesn't the permissions have to be set so that the mythfrontend can write its log file there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:53 pm 
marc.aronson wrote:
cecil wrote:

My recollection is that /var/tmp already had usable permissions, but so did /var/log/mythtv, which is the directory looky had the permission issue with. I guess I'm surprise there was a permission issue on /var/log/mythtv -- doesn't the permissions have to be set so that the mythfrontend can write its log file there?

The permissions were incorrect for the single file--everything else was correct. I'm not sure why the permissions were incorrect, but it is possible that the file was created by the root account rather than the mythtv account--hence the permission problems. I was working remotely at the time and it is quite possible that it was something I did. Unless we see a lot of people complaining about the same problems, I'd chalk it up to a screwup on my part.

I would prefer of course to store the temp files and logs in the somewhere in the /myth partition due to my partition setup, but that's only cause my / partition is much smaller than my /myth etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:30 pm 
Just noticed a problem with xine... it's missing. I don't want to derail this thread, but would the install of mythvodka have anything to do with xine? anyone else have problems or just me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:10 pm 
Has anyone found a fix for the issue of mismatched shows?
Such as The Daily Show/Colbert Report mixup.

2GB RAM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:20 pm 
jimdoc wrote:
Has anyone found a fix for the issue of mismatched shows?
Such as The Daily Show/Colbert Report mixup.

Yes there is a fix in the hulu script that pulls a longer/complete show title. Might look above this page or previous, or check wiki.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:34 pm 
I'm pretty sure the latest tar file attached to the wiki page has all the fixes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:27 am 
Looks like hulu has cut off the interface used by mythvodka

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p= ... tcount=271

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p= ... tcount=272

Marc

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next