View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:17 am 
My issue with the recordings not showing up is fixed. For some strange reason my display recording was set to just "Drama" instead of "All Recordings".
Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:51 pm 
The hdpvr drivers do not appear to be in the latest v4l-dvb. Unless they are named something other than "hdpvr", I cant find 'em. Any Ideas?

[root@mythtv ~]# uname -a
Linux mythtv 2.6.28-LinHES #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jul 2 04:37:43 UTC 2009 i686 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

[root@mythtv ~]# pacman -Syu
:: Synchronizing package databases...
core-testing is up to date
extra-testing is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
local database is up to date

[root@mythtv ~]# pacman -Sf v4l-dvb
warning: v4l-dvb-1-8 is up to date -- reinstalling
resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...

Targets (1): v4l-dvb-1-8

Total Download Size: 0.00 MB
Total Installed Size: 7.47 MB

Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
checking package integrity...
(1/1) upgrading v4l-dvb [############################################################################] 100%

[root@mythtv ~]# updatedb

[root@mythtv ~]# locate hdpvr

[root@mythtv ~]# find /lib/modules -name *pvr*
/lib/modules/2.6.28-LinHES/kernel/drivers/misc/lirc_pvr150.ko
/lib/modules/2.6.28-LinHES/kernel/drivers/media/video/pvrusb2
/lib/modules/2.6.28-LinHES/kernel/drivers/media/video/pvrusb2/pvrusb2.ko

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:14 pm 
ethernut,

Looks like someone else compiled it after me and gone is the hdpvr driver. I rebuilt and pushed the package. The PKGBUILD needs some work to make sure an old cached tar.gz does not get used. I'm out of town for a week, so I hope this fixes everything. Either way, please post and I'll help when I get back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:28 pm 
Got it! Thanks for taking care of this so fast! Now, enjoy your vacation..

Ether...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:07 pm 
I went to do an update (pacman -Syu) and I got many errors like:

Code:
/lib/modules/2.6.28-LinHES/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-core/dvb-core.ko exists in both 'kernel26' and 'v4l-dvb'

The update was going to install a new kernel and update v4l-dvb. I have v4l-dvb installed because I am running trunk with a couple of HD-PVRs.

Do you think I should remove v4l-dvb and assume all the drivers are now in the kernel? Or is this a bug of some sort?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:58 am 
djb61230,

You still need the v4l-dvb package. Do full system update including the kernel update. You should be able to force it and that should work. You can also remove the v4l-dvb package and then after the update installs do a:

pacman -Sf v4l-dvb

HD-PVR support is in kernels 2.6.30 and greater. I'm currently running the latest R6 kernel and my two HD-PVRs are working fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:27 am 
Thanks. I did a force (pacman -Syuf) and all appears to be fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:52 am 
I was wondering if you guys have seen this behavior:

When I try to watch a recording-in-progress, I do not get any video but do get audio. The screen will just have "junk" or sometimes a previous GUI screen. The video will not change, just a static screen. I exit playing, stop the recording and then try to watch it again and it works fine.

The only thing I can think of that I have changed in addition to what is described in this thread, is I upped the bitrate for the "medium" recording profile for the HDPVR to the max. As I understand a 720p encode will use the "medium" recording profile. I have my directv boxes output 720p since all my display devices are 720p. As described in the wiki page http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/HDPVR.

Also the recording profile was not defined as stated in the wiki. I had to add it and name it "Default". When I did add it I then could change the setting.

I updated over the weekend as I mentioned and the problem went away for a while. But noticed it happened again last night. It was too late to try to debug it further, I'll get back to it tonight. Just wanted to know if other people who are using the same stuff I am have seen this too.

Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:56 am 
djb61230, are you using VDPAU decode?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:49 am 
Yes sir. My clients have a 8400GS card with 512m.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:58 am 
I also have seen the odd X garbage sometimes when starting to play and then it will work. I have also seen where there is no video, but you do have sound. Restarting the video fixes it for me too. This used to happen in older builds more often. I'm inclined to consider this a VDPAU thing, but I have not tried regular decode to see. As with most things in SVN, you can either choose to try and debug it to submit a report, or you can wait around for a while and hope someone else reports/solves it. So far, it's low on my list since it happens rarely for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:08 pm 
By the way, SVN is going a little crazy right now with the upcoming release announcement. I'll make another build soon. Maybe it will fix the issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:09 pm 
I have also seen a finished recording sometimes not show video. Then a quit and restart generally worked just as you have seen. But this is very consistent - well once it starts happening - I've experienced it on two clients at the same time. Last night I didn't check the other clients as it was late. Tonight I'll start a recording and check on all the clients. I can also try it with a recording from the HDHomerun (mpeg2).

That is a good idea, I'll try another decode. You may be onto it with thinking it's a VDPAU issue. If it happens on an mpeg2 recording, it would take the HDPVR out of the equation. Plus if perhaps a reboot on one of the clients "fixes" it, it would also point to the display side.

I'll try these experiments tonight and let you know what I find.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:11 pm 
nharris wrote:
By the way, SVN is going a little crazy right now with the upcoming release announcement. I'll make another build soon. Maybe it will fix the issue.

Yeah I noticed that. Are you making your own SVN builds or are you supplying the LinHES ones?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:12 pm 
djb61230 wrote:
Are you making your own SVN builds or are you supplying the LinHES ones?
Building the LinHES ones.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next