View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:24 pm 
I would like to record new showings of a program and the reruns that are in syndication. I would like to limit the reruns to 20 maximum while always recording new episodes. I figured that if I setup a recording schedule for "anytime on any channel" for show A and set number of recordings to 20 that would take care of the reruns. Then I figured I would setup a second recording for show A for channel x once a week by choosing "Find and record one showing of this title each week".

The problem I am encountering is that MythTV does seem to allow two recording schedules for one show. Does anyone know how I can get it to do it? Or is there another way to achieve what I want to do? Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:51 am 
Maybe a custom schedule, and type in the name of the show as the search term?

KM: R5.5
CPU: Athlon 3800+
Vid: nvidia 7300GT
Snd: Chaintech av-710
Tuner: PVR150
HD: 1000gb sata + 750gb sata + 500gb usb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:12 pm 
I did try that but it did not seem like I could set it up to record only new shows on a specific channel. I already had a schedule to record any channel any time so maybe if I delete that and make the custom record schedule for it instead and a normal one for the new shows that might work. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:38 pm 
I was able to do what ou are talking about as follows.
Syndicated Reruns I have found like Law and Order usually show up on say USA. While the new ones show up on the Network affilitates.

I setup one rule to catch the new ones as a Record anytime on any channel Then went to mythweb and applied the "Filter" of New Episodes Only.
Now those I put into one group say Law and Order.

Now for the second one, I knew they were always on USA network so I found one of those and setup as Record anytime on this channel. I set those to record in say Law and Order old.

It filled them both appropriately. Now I did not set the limit of # of shows however I don't believe that would matter since they are actually two separate rules placing shows in different locations.

Anyway, that is what works for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:16 pm 
Thanks for the tip but what type of group are you talking about recording, storage or playback? When I look at those in MythWeb all I see is default and no way to create new ones. I see I can go to the MythTV interface to Setup| Playback Groups and create a new one there but I don't know where to setup any of the other two types of groups.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:35 pm 
I think they are called recording groups.

When I setup the recording, there is an option in the "Storage Options" screen
You can denote a Recording group like Law and Order old. almost all recordings go to the "Default" group unless you change that.

hth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:06 pm 
Thanks for all the help. bigbro, your method worked. It looks like you can do it and still use the default recording group but I think I'll use new ones since it will make it easy to figure out which are repeats and first runs.