View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:16 pm 
I've searched quite a bit and can't find out if it's easy to setup the Watch Recordings to a custom view. For example, out of all the programs recorded, there are some programs that are for my wife only (Amazing Race, anything with people in 1800s costumes, etc), some for me (Simpsons, etc) and some for both (CSI, Terminator, Leverage, etc). I'd like to add at the very least a "both of us" category to which I can add the shows we both watch together so that when we sit down to watch together we don't have to page through a long list of programs and can instead go right to the filter, ideally just under "All Programs," to see what's on for both of us.

I've been looking around and it seems that a category would be the easiest way to filter out certain programs but I can't figure out how to make a new one and how to auto add the programs I want to it. 'Category' is such a generic term that it's difficult to search for what I need.

Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:33 pm 
Interesting idea... I don't know will watch your topic for replies :) You might wanna ask over at the official mythtv list as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:05 pm 
I've kinda been thinking along those lines too. Haven't totally got it. I discovered that while in the "Watch Recordings" screen, pressing the "m" key brings up a new menu that allow you to filter the view. There's one for "show recording groups" so if you set up his and hers recording groups it could work that way. I just haven't gotten it to work yet. How to setup the recording groups properly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:02 am 
That what we do. I have the stuff for both of us using the "Default" recording group, the stuff for my son in a "Children" recording group, and my stuff in a "My Stuff" recording group.

Then on the kitchen PC that is mainly used for my son, I have it default to the "Children" group. While on our main PC I have it always prompt when entering the "Watch Recordings" screen.

Prior to R5.5 (or maybe the version before that), when entering the "Watch Recordings" screen with the prompt, the dialog box would have the recording group that was selected in "Setup" automatically highlighted. This was nice because I could have the dialog box default to the "Default" group. As it is now, it defaults to the "All Programs" group.

LinHES 8.4
HDHR3
BioStar A770, AMD X2 4050e, 2GB RAM
GigaByte GeForce 8400, Chaintech AV710
USB-UIRT