View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:56 pm 
Strange thing happened. The other day I noticed that some of my shows were not recording. After taking a closer look turned out the it was only the HD recordings (I have a PVR-150, PVR-500, and HDhomerun in a FE/BE combo box) The hdhomerun was completely locked up nothing could see it not even the HDhomerun utilities. A power cycle of the HDhomerun seems to have fixed everything, but I have two questions:

Is there a way to monitor the HDHomerun to make sure it is responding?

Why did my shows not "fallback" to the analog tuners? do I have the record settings wrong? (Find and record one showing each week, preferred input - any, everything else defaults)

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:18 am 
The HDHomeRun firmware released a while ago introduced a lockup bug. I had this problem after unintentionally updating my firmware a month or so ago (via Windows box auto update). Before installing this firmware, my HDHomeRun was running solid without power cycle for over a year. This has been fixed in the latest firmware 20090415 and so far my box is running fine again with the latest installed.

http://www.silicondust.com/downloads/hd ... _changelog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:15 am 
I saw that they had a firmware update, and I went ahead and did that already (after the lockup). Thanks for the suggestion. Any thought on why the analog did not take over?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:15 pm 
garetjax67 wrote:
Any thought on why the analog did not take over?
I have 3 digital tuners, an hdhomerun and an hd3000 pci card. I had the same problem. The hdhomerun locked up and missed recordings. The funny (disturbing) thing is when looking in Mythweb at the upcoming recording schedule, it didn't show any conflicts with recording 3 things at once, even though 2 of the tuners were unavailable if you looked at the backend status.

I usually check upcoming recording schedules almost daily, but I don't check the backend status daily, that would have tipped me off that the tuners were unavailable.

Do you suppose there might be some way to get notified if the tuners become unavailable? It's like Mythtv didn't know how to treat unavailable tuners, so it ignored the problem and kept saying future recordings were going to be ok.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:32 pm 
Quote:
The funny (disturbing) thing is when looking in Mythweb at the upcoming recording schedule,

Yeah, I check my upcoming recording pretty often and was seeing the same thing it would be listed right up to then start time and then not record. I never did think to check my Backend tuner status though.