View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:16 pm 
I had no problems using my instructions going from R5F27 to R5.5. The instructions are based on these links:

http://www.mythpvr.com/mythtv/tips/migr ... dings.html

http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.7

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:36 pm 
tjc wrote:
Actually somewhere I helped someone work up a more comprehensive list of the tables associated with recordings. It may be in the backup/restore thread linked from the R5.5 Hints. If you lose things like the markup tables things can get pretty ugly.

Well. I am somewhat concerned as I will be changing my TV service from Comcast to DishNetwork on the new box. That means my Comcast Channels will never be populated in the new R6 box so that might screw up the channel id. Good thing is that I will be transfering to a new R6 box and leave the old R5F27 box intact until I get the new one working. So I've got a ready backup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:18 pm 
novellahub wrote:
mark60050 wrote:
azrambler wrote:
All I want is to restore the old recordings. That's it, nothing more. What is the best way to do this?

Add me to this list. I am of the same mind. All I want to do is transfer my recordings from my 5 year old R5F27 box to my shiny new R6 box. I vaguely recall the concept of restoring only the videos has being discussed before in the context of other releases. I plan to hunt for the solution. The process involved only restoring part of the database that pertains to the recordings. There were some catches, but I don't remember what they were. If I figure it out, I'll post it here, but I might not get to it for awhile.

See this post:

http://knoppmyth.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.p ... 522#113522

The same concepts (Except the NFS portion) should work the same. The NFS portion was used so I could copy the recordings over the network.

Yes, that worked. The only anomaly was after the import the old shows did not have the correct Channel numbers in the listing but everything else was correct. I can live with that.
Thanks for the help,
Jim

2GB DDR2 1066
2 Seagate's (.75 & 1.5) 2.25Tb
GIGABYTE GV-NX84S512HP 8400GS 512MB
PVR-150,PVR-250, 2X HVR-1250
Silverstone GD01B-MXR with Imon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:22 pm 
azrambler wrote:
Yes, that worked. The only anomaly was after the import the old shows did not have the correct Channel numbers in the listing but everything else was correct. I can live with that.
Thanks for the help,
Jim

That worked for me too! Thanks novellahub for posting the links!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:19 am 
azrambler wrote:
Thanks for the help,
Jim

If you want to dive into if further, you can correct the channel numbers. I personally left them alone as-is because it was not important to me to have that data.

http://knoppmyth.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.p ... 924#113924

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:10 pm 
novellahub wrote:
azrambler wrote:
Thanks for the help,
Jim

If you want to dive into if further, you can correct the channel numbers. I personally left them alone as-is because it was not important to me to have that data.

http://knoppmyth.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.p ... 924#113924

I am ok with the channel numbers as they are. Thanks for the info on how to change. I need to spend my time getting other stuff going on the new R6 system.

2GB DDR2 1066
2 Seagate's (.75 & 1.5) 2.25Tb
GIGABYTE GV-NX84S512HP 8400GS 512MB
PVR-150,PVR-250, 2X HVR-1250
Silverstone GD01B-MXR with Imon

Go to page Previous  1, 2