View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:13 pm 
Using vdpau I am getting some horizontal combing, especially on SD channels. I assume it is a deinterlacing problem. I cannot find any setting on R6 or nvidia-settings to make changes. Some posts talk about bob, but I do not know where to find it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

BTW, is it correct that the vdpau setting on R6 contains no options, i.e. it is either on or off, but not configurable?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:20 pm 
You set various deinterlacing options under Playback Profiles (and with a VDPAU playback profile set you'll have various VDPAU-dependent deinterlacing options).

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Playback_profiles

Post subject: No options
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:33 pm 
ceenvee703 wrote:
You set various deinterlacing options under Playback Profiles (and with a VDPAU playback profile set you'll have various VDPAU-dependent deinterlacing options).

If I select the vdpau profile, no options are available in my R6. Selecting other profiles does give options.

Post subject: Where?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:18 pm 
Do I need to edit the xorg file or is there a file within mythtv that needs to be edited to give me the vdpau options, or both?

At http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/VDPAU there is a section that states:
Setup a display profile with:

Code:
decoder = nvidia vdpau acceleration
   video + osd renderers: vdpau

and a second recommended as a fallback:

Code:
 decoder = ffmpeg (Standard)
   video + osd renderers: vdpau

Is this added to xorg conf or some mythtv config file?

I have read
but cannot work out where these profiles are kept for editing. As stated above, I can select vdpau under playback settings in R6, but no options are available, making me think there must be a config file somewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:42 am 
Just to confirm: did you take the steps required to install vdpau under R6? I didn't think you had to do any xorg.conf tweaking that's vdpau-specific. Of course, since vdpau requires current Nvidia drivers, you do have to make sure you're using Nvidia, which might require xorg.conf editing.

In playback profiles, if you pick one of the options like CPU+ or CPU++ or CPU--, you should be seeing a list of resolutions and what they're using to play back. Picking EDIT for any of those lines should take you to screens where you can choose what's used to play back those resolutions, and if vdpau is correctly installed, it should include vdpau options. Those screens are where you set interlacing modes.

Post subject: vdpau - pau me
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:40 pm 
ceenvee703 wrote:
Just to confirm: did you take the steps required to install vdpau under R6? I didn't think you had to do any xorg.conf tweaking that's vdpau-specific. Of course, since vdpau requires current Nvidia drivers, you do have to make sure you're using Nvidia, which might require xorg.conf editing.

In playback profiles, if you pick one of the options like CPU+ or CPU++ or CPU--, you should be seeing a list of resolutions and what they're using to play back. Picking EDIT for any of those lines should take you to screens where you can choose what's used to play back those resolutions, and if vdpau is correctly installed, it should include vdpau options. Those screens are where you set interlacing modes.

Yikes! You are right. I didn't realize mythtv-vdpau was a separate product from mythtv. :oops:

I was also fooled by vdpau coming up as an empty playback profile under mythtv. :roll:

Having now installed the correct version of mythtv, I have enabled vdpau.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:00 pm 
Happy to help. Support for vdpau is in a kind of gray area right now since the official release of mythtv doesn't yet support it... luckily some folks like the LinHES developers and others have builds that include vdpau support ahead of the next version of mythtv.