View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:53 am 
My ASRock ION 330HT came in tonight and I installed R6. So far it's mostly working except for the remote. It's frustrating because I can see what needs to be done but can't manage to get there from here.

At http://www.asrock.com/Nettop/download.asp?Model=ION%20330HT&o=Linux ASRock provides Ubuntu .deb packages and a .deb src package for the CIR drivers. I downloaded the 32-bit package to poke around and see that it contains the three big things I think I need: lircd.conf.wb677, lircrc_nuvoton and lirc_wb677.ko.

Pointing lircd.conf and lircrc at the correct places is simple. What's not is installing the module required for the IR receiver hardware. The included Ubuntu module unsurprisingly doesn't work with Arch-based LinHES (modprobe fatal error Invalid module format).

I looked in the src deb and found several files including a Makefile, but no config file. It's been quite a while since I compiled anything from source but I would expect to run ./config, make and then make install to compile the module and install it. I tried "make" on the directory just in case, but it failed with a lot of errors.

Can someone smarter on compiling modules for Arch tell me how to proceed from here? Not looking for sympathy but I'm on a plane for another lovely 6-month military vacation in 7 days and I was hoping to leave my wife a fully working system. If all else fails I'll see if I can install a spare 150 tuner just for the IR functionality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:18 pm 
Bump, 7 months later. I'm back home, and as far as I can tell ASRock still offers only Ubuntu versions of drivers for the built in IR on the ION330HT. There has to be a way to easily compile the drivers for R6, but I don't know how to do it. Anyone know how to proceed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:34 am 
DoomedTX wrote:
There has to be a way to easily compile the drivers for R6, but I don't know how to do it. Anyone know how to proceed?

I believe that I successfully built a Realtek 8169 driver for my ASRock ION 3D 152B using Realtek's instructions on my R6.03.00 box. It was straightforward and I don't recall using a config script. First, check that you have a kernel source directory (/usr/src/linux-2.6.28-LinHES). I think it should be there by default. Since I had no compiler on the FE machine, I built on my MBE and manually installed the file in /lib/modules/2.6.28-LinHES/kernel/drivers/net on the FE. Overriding the built-in kernel module has proved more difficult.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:53 pm 
I was having enough trouble getting the Realtek driver working under R6 that I tried R7 today and it worked. It isn't ready for prime time yet, but it seems close to me. If you want to see how bringing up the ASRock ION 3D 152B has gone for me, check out the thread.