View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:31 am 
I've just setup a slave backend with R6 to go with my other R6 machine. In the LinHES setup I chose slave backend. Both computers have their own IP address (not localhost) in setup and the master IP in the master box. Both have the master IP in /home/mythtv/.mythtv/mysql.txt.

When I view recordings from the slave, it shows the list of recordings but every program recorded prior to tonight gives the message "Recording Unavailable" on the slave frontend. I verified that the recordings are still in tact on the master.

While I'm troubleshooting two new recordings are in progress on the master. I can see the preview and watch those two recordings on the slave, but all the other recordings still show unavailable.

I feel like I'm close but can't figure out what to try next. Any ideas?

Last edited by DoomedTX on Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:52 am 
Update: I seem to have borked something on the master as well. If I go straight from Watch Recordings to one of my previously recorded files, it plays. If I exit out of the file and then try to play it again, I get the Recording Unavailable error on the master backend where the file is recorded. When I look at the program details, everything is correct except it indicates that the file was recorded on the slave computer. Since the slave wasn't running before 9pm tonight, I know it wasn't recorded on the slave.

The logs are full of "2009-10-30 02:30:55.308 Error: File 'myth://192.168.2.12:6543/65029_20091023223000.mpg' missing." errors. That is the IP address of the slave backend. How is the master trying to access a file on the slave?

Ugh. Time for bed, this is all I can handle tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:24 am 
Ok, among the many strange things that occurred when I fired up the Slave Backend tonight, all of the recordings in the database were changed from 'mythtv' (the master) to 'mythsbe' (the slave). I don't know how and I no longer precisely care why. Since both machines are a fresh install I only had to change 70 recordings. I'm sure there's an easier way but rather than learn MySQL I just edited all the fields by hand in Webmin. Everything seems to look good.

BTW, I also noticed the following which may or may not be related to starting up a slave backend:

1) the master backend changed themes when I rebooted although I am not in random mode
2) the audio settings and in fact all customization I've done to the frontend settings since installing the master last Friday were reset to default

I think the root cause must be that the slave was running mysql even though I selected slave backend in the LinHES setup...that short amount of time before I removed the mysqld service was enough to cause a lot of trouble for me. I'll leave this here in case it helps someone. Now I really should get to bed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:24 pm 
funny, I had this happen last night too. for me it was a database problem, not permissions afaik. Had to run the optimize script a couple times it seems, before I could get it to work.

Also, S/FE time was wrong, though setup correctly.