View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:17 pm 
I upgraded my MBE and new Ion 330HT FE to .22 last night following the instructions in this forum. The MBE seems to work just fine so far. The ION is having some sound weirdness, mainly with .mov files.

I have the ION setup to use ALSA:hdmi allowing AC3 and DTS passthrough with the box connected directly to a TV with HDMI. I'm using VDPAU normal for playback.

Audio is fine on SD and HD programs in 'Watch Recordings.' Most videos (AVIs, MP4s and MKVs) play fine including the few HD clips I've downloaded. I've got 4 1080p trailers I've managed to download from Apple's site: 2 for AstroBoy and 2 for Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. All 4 are 1080p mov files which means they are handled by the internal player (I think that was a .22 change because I don't remember making it). The Cloudy trailers play just fine. The AstroBoy trailers have no sound, and once I start playing them I can't stop--the video doesn't respond to any keyboard inputs. The Cloudy trailers do respond to the normal internal commands such as pause, FF and ESC.

I know that coming from the same trailer site with the same stated resolution doesn't mean the videos are necessarily the same, but I'm stumped about why 1) I can't get audio and 2) the internal controls don't work once I start playing the trailer. I tried switching .mov back to default and didn't have success there either, although off the top of my head I can't remember precisely what went wrong.

I don't know how to troubleshoot because I'm not seeing any error messages. The mythfrontend log for both shows the system going from "None" to "Watch Recording" but there don't seem to be any entries indicating audio failure or why the keyboard commands weren't obeyed.

Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:58 am 
Hi DoomedTX,

I cannot offer any light upon your woes, but I saw / have seen the same non-resposiveness of keyboard when playing back HD content. I've a number of ripped bluray discs as mkv files and I loose keyboard responsiveness when playing them back. This happens in most 1080p playback instances, but occasionally keyboard responsiveness remains.

Sometimes sound drops out too. I'm using my motherboards optical out to a reciever.

I think that there must be something that hoggs a process causing the non-responsiveness of keyboard. But this is speculation on my part as I've no idea what. However, I got my remote working recently and I haven't had any problems controlling my 1080p movies with it.