View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:30 pm 
As someone who grew up with vinyl recordings I do not like playlists for everyday music listening. I would prefer MythMusic to resemble my record (or CD) rack. Unfortunately when MythMusic starts it defaults to "Active Play Queue". In order to get to my list of music I have to "left-up-right" with the cursor control which is an annoyance to me but is not intuitive to the uninitiated.

Does anyone know if it is possible to change defaults so that it starts at "All My Music" instead?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:14 am 
I also find this annoying and would love it if it defaulted to "All my music".
Anyone?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:20 am 
This is mostly a "me too" but with one more to add. Many albums have various artists. Going to the artist and then album only shows the songs that have that artist associated with it. Is there any way to have it show all the songs associated with the album even if it is not by that particular artist? I know I can arrange everything by Album title but usually I am thinking of artist and then album.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:14 am 
I got around this issue by checking "ignore ide3 tags" in the setup. Then it just uses my folder tree. Works well especially for various artists albums.
HTH

Post subject: me 3
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:59 am 
Agreed, I guess I'm old fashioned. Actually no, musicians will tell you that albums, many if not most times are truly a single body of work. Picking out individual songs goes against what the artist had in mind. How many one-off top 10 hits did the Grateful Dead have? Would you make a playlist of one of their bootlegs? *Shudder*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:18 pm 
There were some bands that could make great single songs that stand on their own. The Beach Boys the early Beatles stuff and then there are artists like Pink Floyd and The Who, who wanted to tell a long story that wouldn't fit in just one song. Both are valid forms of music writing but pop songs fit into the playlist category that's what they were invented for.

Post subject: Re: me 3
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:09 pm 
poflynn wrote:
Agreed, I guess I'm old fashioned. Actually no, musicians will tell you that albums, many if not most times are truly a single body of work. Picking out individual songs goes against what the artist had in mind. How many one-off top 10 hits did the Grateful Dead have? Would you make a playlist of one of their bootlegs? *Shudder*

It depends on the artist, but I'd say that most times they are actually written as individual songs and while some effort is made to make the tracks on an album fit together they are rarely "a single body of work", so they can be enjoyed perfectly well individually.