View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:44 am 
Two months ago I discovered what a PVR was. Now, I’m so close to getting the whole thing working I can taste it. However, once again, I’ve once again hit a snag (hopefully the last one.)

Setup:
Shuttle SN41G2 Case
nForce Motherboard
nVidia Integrated Graphics Card w/ TV-Out
Hauppauge PVR150 Model 1040
Western Digital 250GB HD
512MB DDR 333Mhz

KnoppMyth Version R5A16

I’ve read and tried a number of different HowTo’s to get the PVR 150 in working order. Last night I had a color picture but it was bungee-ing, skipping, and the picture was pixel-ing every couple seconds.

I reformatted and did my best to the follow the guide found here: http://www.g-ram.org/articles.html although I'm not sure I completed it all perfectly.

On reboot, I’ve found that I have monochrome picture with sound. All my channels are working properly but the picture is still pixel-ing a tiny bit every 2 to 4 seconds in the top right portion of the screen.

Since this is the very closest I’ve come to a working PVR150, I wanted to know if anyone could help perfect my configuration in hopes of not having to reformat once again. I’m at work all day today but I was hoping that by the time I get home this evening I’ll know what to do.

I’m not a Linux expert so I’m not sure how to retrieve information that might be of use, but I can tell you that my /etc/mythtv/modules/ivtv file reads:
Code:
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
options ivtv tuner=39 ivtv_debug=1
options cx25840 no_black_magic=1
install ivtv /sbin/modprobe tuner; /sbin/modprobe msp3400; /sbin/modprobe saa7115; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install ivtv
remove ivtv /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove ivtv && /sbin/modprobe -r saa7115 && /sbin/modprobe -r msp3400 && /sbin/modprobe -r tuner

Whatever information is needed I can retrieve as long as someone gives me the commands.

Thanks in advance.

- n.mitchell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:08 am 
have you looked at the wiki page?

http://knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page ... stallation

I haven't used it, and the information seems to be a bit all over the place, but looks like most problems you might encounter are covered. Also it would probably be better to ignore where they say to create a file called /etc/modprobe.d/ivtv and just put the information they put in that file into /etc/mythtv/modules/ivtv

Xsecrets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:54 am 
Yes, I have followed the Wiki directions on a previous install.

I ended up with a variety of different problems. If you notice, my config file is the same as the one at the very bottom of the Wiki. My setup was a mix of a number of different readings and my own understanding of ivtv and knoppmyth.