View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:10 pm 
I am a newbie to the linux pvr scene and would like to use my MyBlaster (www.mytvstore.tv) ir controller to change channels on my satellite box. What do I need to do/setup to make things work with with that controller?

I have the basic system functioning so I can watch/record tv but right now I have to manually change channels with the remote for the sat box.

My setup is:

KT4AV motherboard with XP Athlon 2400+ and 256M ram, 160G ata133 hd
Hauppauge PVR-250 with silver remote for capture
ATI Radeon 9200 for output.

Everything works smoothly under winblows but the products available dont come close to the features of MythTV

So far I am only watching things on my monitor but at some point I want to hook the output to my hdtv system via the RGBHV input on the tv. I will tackle that problem once I get past this issue.

Thanks for your help and suggestions!

Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:39 pm 
If this device is supported by LIRC then you'll need to configure LIRC for it. I'd also suggest checking the MythTV archive.

When the source is open, the possibilities are endless!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:53 pm 
A search of both of the archives gave no results so I guess I am out of luck on that device for now. I did receive a message from the support people for MyBlaster which is quoted below.

-----quote----

We do not currently have Linux, Myth or LIRC drivers for MyBlaster.
However, we're working on releasing the source code to the driver so
that others can adapt it to those environments. Stay tuned.

----end quote ----

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:01 pm 
Related topic:

Since I cannot use that controller I guess I will have to build something that will work. I have some IR LEDs attached to a wire and 1/8" plug left over from another adventure that I can build into something that can be used to control the box. Can you point me to a simple circuit that has native support built into KnoppMyth? I do electronics for a living so building the ciruit is not a issue as long as it doesn't require a micro.

My current project is a RGBHV breakout cable to allow me to connect to the tv as well as the monitor but that one should be finished this weekend and it will be time for another project :)

Thanks again for your help

Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:57 pm 
Try searching for irblaster or just blaster. I believe the are basically the same thing as what you have.

Here's irblaster search at gossamer-threads.com http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?guest=2326868&t=search_engine&do=search_results&search_forum=forum_11&search_string=irblaster&search_type=AND&search_fields=sb&search_time=&search_user_username=&mh=250

There's also info in the MythTv documentation about setting up an irblaster: http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-8.html#ss8.7

Finally, at the bottom of this link http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=106221;search_string=irblaster;guest=2326868&t=search_engine#106221 someone mentions they created their own, "advanced serial port receiver from the circuit on lirc.org."

Sorry, I don't use an ir blasting device so I can't offer more help.