View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:58 am 
Hi,

I have a lot of TV that I'd like to burn to DVD-R but I'd like to use my PC for this and not myth burn via the frontend. I'm familiar with ConvertXtoDVD, TMPGEnc, Nero Vision Express and a few others but I can't find a way to get the DVB-T transport stream files to DVD quickly and easily. ULead DVD Movie studio 3 will do it but it's very slow and cumbersome. Nero 6 won't recognise the video.

VSO's ConvertXtoDVD will recognise the file's video and audio streams, and can preview both, but then fails saying "unsupported encoder for output stream #2".

Anyone succeeded to find aquick way to get DVB recordings onto DVD from a PC?

-S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:31 am 
Do you have windows or linux on your pc? If it is windows, the easiest program I have found to do this is HDTV2DVD. I have had very good luck with it syncing a/v correctly.

http://www.svcd2dvd.com/HDTV2DVD/

Soltek 3801-300 SFF
w/SL-B9A-FGR mainboard
AMD64 3400
1gb RAM
HD-3000 OTA TS
Nvidia FX5200 DVI->
Sony kdw50655 HDTV <-HDMI
C-Media CMI8768
KnoppMyth R5A16

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:07 am 
For my dvb-s recordings i use project-x (windows) to cut, correct and demux the transport stream. After that i use the TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6 to master the DVD. This tool is really the easiest to use, but it's not free. Fortunately, they have a 30 days trial version. Here's the link, if you're interested:
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tda.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:20 am 
Thanks for your advice. I ended up going the ProjectX -> TMPGEnc route and then using DVD Shrink to get the DVD back down to a DVD5 size. Overall the quality and of the DVD and the ease of the process was way way better than with using the ULead tool, which re-encoded the mpg losing quality and of course taking ages.

Anyone know of a one-click solution that could author TS files and fit the DVD to a DVD5? I guess this is where Mythburn comes in but it'd be good not to have to do this from the frontend.

-S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:40 am 
HDTV2DVD is about a two click op. Still have to use Nero to burn the dvd, although if you use the SVCD2DVD it does the burning as well.

Post subject: Update
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:06 pm 
The new version of TMPGEnc allows you to burn myth files directly without needing the Project X phase. With it's simple but pretty powerful authoring and editing, and as it can burn to DVD directly after the re-muxing etc., I find this a very easy way to dub stuff to DVD for archive or to give to friends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:32 am 
One problem I found with DVB recordings is sometimes the transport stream contains errors which can lead to audio sync problems when you burn the files to DVD. I bought a copy of VideoReDo that has a fix stream mode that can correct any errors in the transport stream before you edit and burn to DVD. I also use DVD-lab Studio for creating my DVD menus. It is a bit more advanced than any of the Nero or TMPG products that use templates for most stuff.

EPIA M1000 - 512MB, 40GB HD, Streamzap
KnoppMyth Folding Team Stats