View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 4:42 pm 
:evil: I sent a money order to them, it's been cashed.
But they deny having the order or cashing it.
Thier customer service accused me of tring to rip them off.....
for 100.81$....give me a break!!

:D However NewEgg gets bou coup kudos.....

Just spent 1500.00 with them and went smooth as silk....
sent them a MO too....same day!

[/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 4:46 pm 
yeah newegg rocks, too bad they opened a warehouse in my state, and now I have to pay tax, so they are no longer competitive price wise. their RMA policy is awesome too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:54 pm 
TN......think thats where my athentech case is coming from.

Post subject: NewEgg ROCKS!!!!
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 10:16 am 
New Egg Rocks!!! Like The Man sez!!

FedEx just deliverd everything except a case that is coming fron Tennesse!!
[/size]

3 Days Early!!!!!!!
3 Days Early!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 11:02 am 
I bought my PVR-350 from NewEgg as well as all the parts for my last computer. My motherboard for the computer died within a week of buying and they replaced it without complaint.

New Egg is generally great, but my only complaint about New Egg is that they do not "cross ship" RMAs (returns) as many online vendors do. If something goes bad you'll be waiting for at least a week for a replacement. I know because I had a non-working computer for about a week and a half when my motherboard died.

For those who don't know, I'll explain what cross shipping is:

1. You let the vendor know that your part is bad or you are returning it.
2. As soon as the vendor approves the return they immediately ship the replacement part to you.
3. You are responsible for returning the original defective part within a period such as two weeks--otherwise your credit card will be charged for the part the vendor sent you as a replacement.

With cross shipping you usually get a replacement part within 2-4 business days (the time it takes to ship one way) and you're up and running again.

With New Egg, you'll have to wait for your shipment to arrive at their return location, wait a day or two for them to unpack and inspect your return, and then wait for their shipment back to you. Unless you pay a lot more for faster shipping, you're probably looking at around 5-10 business days to get your replacement from New Egg. This is double the replacement time as many vendors who do cross ship RMAs.

I'm not discouraging buying from New Egg since they have very low prices and generally good service--but just a warning that their returns are slower than many other online vendors who do cross-shipment returns. You won't enjoy this aspect while you're sitting on your thumbs trying to be patient while you're waiting . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:35 am 
Just my 2cents, I have ordered a bunch of stuff from tigerdirect. I havn't ordered anything from new egg yet but plan on trying them soon also because some things they are cheaper on, but higher on other things. I never had a problem with tiger, but I always use paypal. I hate money orders so I avoid using them as much as possiable. One thing about a money order is that it can be stolen and cashed by anyone going to a place that doesn't check ID(or even some that do check ID) Its just like a check in that sense, only prepaid. When I do have to use a moneyorder for something I send it certified I think it is so a signature is required and I have some proof about it bieng recieved.
Oh and
Quote:
New Egg Rocks!!! Like The Man sez!!

FedEx just deliverd everything except a case that is coming fron Tennesse!![/size]

3 Days Early!!!!!!!
3 Days Early!!!!!!!
The longest it has ever taken me to recieve anything from tiger is 3 days and thats during the christmass season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:48 pm 
hotboy041582 wrote:
I never had a problem with tiger, but I always use paypal. I hate money orders so I avoid using them as much as possiable. One thing about a money order is that it can be stolen and cashed by anyone going to a place that doesn't check ID(or even some that do check ID)

Amen to that. I've ordered countless times from Tiger Direct using a credit card, and I've never had an issue. Everything arrived either early or on time, well-packaged, and exactly as advertised.

I'm not sure what the point is of buying something via money order... seems more risky to me than just using PayPal or a credit card.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:20 pm 
TigerDirect has been good to me!

It's possible the money order was stolen.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:53 pm 
Binarybro wrote:
It's possible the money order was stolen.

It probably was... and there lies the problem with money orders; you get very little protection from fraud. At least US and Canadian federal laws protect consumers from credit card fraud. There isn't much protection when using money orders, unless you're willing to pay the bank to investigate who fraudulently deposited the money order. And even then, it would most likely lead to a dead-end. Money orders are among the quickest and easiest ways to get ripped off. It's almost as bad as sending cash through the mail.

While it *is* possible that someone at Tiger Direct deposited the money order and forgot to put it into the system, it's highly unlikely. You don't get to be one of the top 3 online hardware retailers by ripping people off like that. It just doesn't inspire confidence from your customers.