View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: The finacial disaster...
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:52 pm 
Site Admin
http://www.npr.org/rss/podcast/podcast_ ... Id=7060034
If you like a plain English explanation of what is happening to the markets, listen to the podcast from 4/3/08. Be advised, it may very well water you off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:58 pm 
It's unbelievable, the things that congress will pass without even knowing what it is or what it does! Never did much care for Phil Gramm (wiki). Check out what he did when he switched from a Democrat to a Republican in the wiki.

Time for another blood pressure pill!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:25 pm 
I was half-listening and half reading something else, but still I kept shouting at the radio anyway. Most finance has been nothing better than black-arts and gambling for years. You can come out 25% better than your plan, but if "expectations on the street" were looking for 26% then you've failed and your stock goes down. -- and that's the "in-the-open" market. This unregulated bookie-stuff, they were talking about is far worse.

The one quote that really left me shaking was something like, "Was Bear Sterns the mine disaster, or just the canary in the mine before the REAL disaster?" -- That's the best I can do from memory...

And to think that a CEO can come in; totally eff-over the company, and get 10's of millions in severance benefits when they're finally fired. :evil: :evil: :evil: If I got fired, I'd be lucky to get a cardboard box to pack my stuff in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:25 pm 
The one thing you need to remember about the stock market. Its nothing more than bunch of over educated high school students spreading rumors about one another. To sum it up the stock market is manipulated by nothing more than rumor and speculation.