View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:12 pm 
Hi Christian,

christ wrote:
great idea! Perhaps you will also want to post to the mythtv-users mailing list. It is the main hub for people.

I saw it done : http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/m ... ers/461792

I was thinking about an exhibitor which may host our informal gathering (on the booth, or during evening event). Does it make sense, or do you prefer, guys, to meet in downtown, rather than at Convention Center itself ?

BTW, have you any idea about cellular local prepaid offer at T-Mobile or AT&T (GSM/GPRS/EDGE) ? I am considering to switch to local cell line during the stay, making use of my GSM/EDGE European handset (yes, it is 1900Mhz compatible :wink: ). I am just in need of a local SIM card. Low setup fee, no subscription, date to date flat-rate to landlines and to Internet GPRS/EDGE as far as possible, would be my preferred choices.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:07 pm 
I don't know the US cellular after-market too well but there may be pre-paid SIMs you can buy. The carriers themselves tend to SIM-lock in the US making it awkward for US nationals. But since you are coming from Europe you likely have an unlocked phone.

As for a meeting place. I'm not sure Las Vegas really has a downtown as such though "Old Las Vegas"/Frement St is often called that and it is a nice area. Nicer in my opinion than where we are at on the "New strip".

I'm open to any suggestion for meeting. I will be doing the conference tracks during the day but will certainly be available during the evenings.

I'm arriving Wednesday evening and driving to Phoenix on Sunday.

Go to page Previous  1, 2