View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:39 pm 
I am assuming the Imon is from the wireless mouse I was using. I switched it for a wired USB mouse to avoid complication. I tried removing it with
Code:
rmmod lirc_imon

but did not work as it returned that it was in use, but it was unplugged by then.

JJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:30 pm 
In most cases hardware calls the module. As fast as you try to remove it it is being reinstalled. The lirc_imon hardware is calling for it. Do you have a case with a VFD installed. We have to correct the environment for the remote / keyboard before it is going to run. Then we will worry about making the keyboard work. What tools do you have installed to work with. Do you have Webmin working so you can remotely work on your machine.

TVBox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:26 pm 
First off thanks for taking interest in my problems. You are right about lirc_imon, I do have a VFD, which is currently non functioning. It is on the list, but pretty low. I do have webmin working, but haven't used it...yet.
JJ

edit: My VFD is functional for the first time since I made the switch from M$ to Linux. KM definitely makes it easy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:38 pm 
roofchop
I am going to assume that you will be using the MCE remote.

1. Correct the hardware file: This will correct the /etc/lirc/hardware.conf file. Edit the file below and change the LOAD_MODULES statement to LOAD_MODULES=false . The mceusb2 module automatically loads itself when it sees its own hardware. It dos not need the hardware.config file calling it's module also. If load_modules statement is “true” it loads the module twice and stays loaded when not wanted.
    /usr/local/share/knoppmyth/remotes/MCEUSB-new/hardware.conf
2. Disable Imon Remote: Rename /lib/modules/2.6.18-chw-13/misc/lirc_imon.ko to /lib/modules/2.6.18-chw-13/misc/lirc_imon.ko.disable

3. Remove lirc_mod_mce: delete/lib/modules/2.6.18-chw-13/misc/lirc_mod_mce.ko

4. Run
Code:
update-modules

5. Unplug the MCE receiver

6. Setup MCE remote: Open a xterm window "Alt-x" and run
Code:
/usr/local/bin/lirc-reconfig.sh

Choose remote MCEUSB-new
7. Plugin the MCE receiver and reboot if the remote dos not work.

8. Run
Code:
lsmod
    and check to see that lirc_dev looks like this.
Code:
 lirc_dev               16388  1 lirc_mceusb2

I use Webmin File Manager and Command Shell for all of this. Look under the Others menu. To go back in File Manager click on the top folder in the window. If you need to look in a file click on it. If that don't work hi lite and click edit on the top of the page.

I have updated hardware.conf, lircrc, and lircd.conf files. PM me with your email address and I will send you the three updated files.

TVBox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:35 am 
Quote:
roofchop
I am going to assume that you will be using the MCE remote.

I currently only have the MCE remote keyboard, but am hoping to purchase the basic remote as well. I have had 2 in the past but both stopped working under MS MCE, and I really like the keyboard.

Quote:
2. Disable Imon Remote: Rename /lib/modules/2.6.18-chw-13/misc/lirc_imon.ko to /lib/modules/2.6.18-chw-13/misc/lirc_imon.ko.disable

Now that I have LCDproc working, it would be nice to keep this device, but would much rather have the keyboard working. I can probably add this later.

Thanks again, pm sent.
JJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:02 am 
Ok
So we will get the remote keys of the keyboard working first. Disabling the lirc_imon module should not effect the VFD. I do not know yet if the imon and the mce lirc modules can coexist at the same time. We will find that out later. Install the three updated files you got from me in the usr/local/share/knoppmyth/remotes/MCEUSB-new folder. You will not have to do step 1. The new hardware.conf file takes care of that.

TVBox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:00 pm 
Very nice entry.
That site is amazing for reviews.
Wonderful - I've been looking for it for a long time :D

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3