View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:18 am 
today i stumbled across shepherd - which i've found great. Is there any chance it will could be incorporated into a future knoppmyth release? heres a link if it's necessary http://svn.whuffy.com/index.fcgi/wiki

I had a question about it though.. Is it necessary to do the initial mythtv-setup before symlinking it to tv_grab_au? Ie do you have to go through the initial 5 setup steps, then drop to a terminal window to complete the channel setup, run mythfulldatabase, restart - and then open a terminal window, install shepherd and its perl dependencies and then symlink it to tv_grab_au ...

or would it be possible to open a terminal window and install shepherd before wasting time with the initial tv_grab_au setup... err.. i hope that makes sense.

thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:21 pm 
There is nothing stopping you from installing Shepherd prior to doing the setup.

As to including it in the default knoppmyth build, I can't comment for cecil himself, but as there is no information on the legalities of the script and its data sources I can't say it will be included anytime soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:40 am 
thanks grikers. appreciate your reply. australian digital program guides like ninmsn seem to have a problem with these kind of things - i guess because of the adverts on their websites.. but i don't know. if its legally sketchy, then so be it. its simple enough to install regardless - hopefully it will last some time. i proposed the comment because of the many issues i and other australians have had with this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:21 pm 
Yeah, I feel your pain Steve, I feel your pain. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:13 am 
Girkers wrote:
Yeah, I feel your pain Steve, I feel your pain. :evil:

oh yeah.. right. Sorry.. im in sydney - youre in brisbane - it all makes sense now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:40 am 
Girkers wrote:
There is nothing stopping you from installing Shepherd prior to doing the setup.

As to including it in the default knoppmyth build, I can't comment for cecil himself, but as there is no information on the legalities of the script and its data sources I can't say it will be included anytime soon.

Just wait until the next version. The release notes suggest things will be much better for Aussies.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:51 am 
manicmike wrote:
Girkers wrote:

Just wait until the next version. The release notes suggest things will be much better for Aussies.

Mike

agreed. xmltv makes life harder.. im actually hoping zap2it would come down here... off topic mike.. how'd your australian dragon workout?