View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:35 am 
Hi!

I'm having problems with liveTV. When I choose "Watch TV" I get black screen and the whole system freezes.
I'm running KnoppMyth R5F1 (backend and frontend are on the same box: P4 2.8GHz, radeon 9700pro...). Same problem with R5E5. My dvb-card is Technotrend DVB-C Budget C1500 (worked with Ubuntu & Kaffeine).
I have scanned channels using channels.conf which works fine with czap.

Every time I try to watch live tv system freezes but also new recording shows up in recorded programs. When I try to watch these recording black screen appears and system freezes.
I've set starting channel to free to air channel and in mythweb recordings have right tumbnails even though I can't open .mpg files.
I also have turned XMLTV grabber off so it shouldn't be causing the problem. I have transferred few avi-files to my mythbox and they work normally.

I'm getting very frustrated so any help is appreciated!

- es4PM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:24 pm 
I just noticed that when I enter "Watch Recordings" (every time I try to watch livetv mythtv creates new recording) I see video thumbnail (just few seconds long) but when I try to open the recording black screen and system freezes. Could my problem be related to my graphic card drivers (radeon 9700pro)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:36 pm 
Do your programmed recordings display this symptom as well and does Xine/kaffine play these properly?
Is this for some or most of your unencrypted stations and are these "live" at the time
I used to have a a similar occasional problem with R5A30 with DVB-T recordings, in that on playback, the screen would go black then the frontend would die. Since using more recent versions (5D1, 5E50), I've not had this problem.

IIRC, someone else asked a similar question, also for DVB-S, do a search for my name, I think I responded to that thread.

Bruce S.

Hauppauage Nova-T 500, Nova-T LinHes R8.6.1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:07 pm 
I just borrowed my friends Nvidia 7800GS and liveTV worked great. So the problem is my Radeon 9700 pro. Which drivers should I use and how to install them? ( Currently using "ati".)

- es4PM