View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: nuvexport and mpeg2
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:23 pm 
I know this is going to sound like a really stupid question to a lot of people, but I've been trying to figure it out for days, and I keep getting confused when it comes to the differences between video formats and codecs and such...I want to convert some of my mythtv recordings for use on my iriver h320 running rockbox firmware...The only format it can handle is mpeg2, which is what my original mythtv recordings are in. Of course, I don't want a 2gig recording with a resolution for a full size tv on my little 2 inch screen. So, I'm trying to use nuvexport to convert the files, but I can't figure out which setting to use that will output an mpeg2 file and let me choose the correct width, etc. Unforutnately, when it takes 2 hours to convert a 30min recording, the trial and error method is not going so well...Could somebody please help?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:07 am 
I don't know the exact answer, but you may be looking for the wrong thing. Look up transcoding, since the move to mpg files, nuv files are now obsolete (I think so anyway).

You could also look at the i-pod exporter script, it may give you some ideas on hwo to automate the process.