View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:24 am 
As the subject line describes, I've got mythtv all setup and working, except for the actual TV. When I go to "Watch Live TV," The only station I get is channel 4. If I try and change channels, the picture freezes momentarily, and then starts again on the same channel. In fact, now that I look at it, the TV guide doesn't even realize that I am on channel four, it is just blank.

I am running a Haupaugge PVR-150 tuner card.

Anyone have any ideas on what could be the problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:18 pm 
the tv guide is blank? as in no listings?

did you successfully run mythfilldatabase?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:03 pm 
I may have misstated my problem, let me try again. The TV guide is fine, its full of shows and is completely accurate. When I said that the "TV guide" was blank, I meant the channel info box. You know when you change channels the box pops up across the top of the screen that tells you what channel you are on and what show is currently on that channel? It is blank, no numbers and no description; which leads me to believe that, although the tuner is receiving a signal, it can not change channels, nor does it understand what channel it is on.

My initial thoughts are that this may be a driver issue, maybe I didn't install something I needed to? I know there are linux drivers for the PVR-150, but I figured they were built into KnoppMyth, so I never installed any.

My other thought is that maybe it has something to do with the "Channel Frequency Table." When I talked to my cable provider (Comcast) and asked what table is being used, they gave me a real fuzzy answer, saying that any setting I choose should have "HRC" in it. So thats what I chose, US-Cable-HRC. Now, maybe this is the wrong setting, and is confusing the tuner?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:24 pm 
See the "BlackScreenWatchingTV troubleshooting page on the wiki, don't be put off by the name, it includes a good and fairly detailed configuration walk through. My guess is that you may be missing the Input Connection or you may have over done it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:55 pm 
great! got it working now! Thanks so much for the help. The initial culprit was scanning for channels even though its SDTV and im using Zap2it. After that, it was just a few minor setting adjustments to get the picture right.

Thanks again! :D