View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:04 am 
OK, I probably did something wrong, but now my capture card isn't working. I've got everything else working but no TV.

I have a PVR-150. Actually I have a pair of them. I can put either in, and both have the same problem, but both work fine if I boot to the hard drive with F1 still on it.

The output from mythbackend when I click into live TV mode looks something like this (I'm not at the machine now):
- Switching to Live TV mode
- Unknown video codec
- (something something) assuming RTJPEG
- Please set up the four software encoders
- Unknown audio codec

In the encoders config screen, after my first upgrade attempt, the "MPEG-2 hardware (PVR-x50...) entry was gone but there were software encoders (RTJPEG). I did another upgrade and now the hardware codecs are there, but the software encoders are also there and on top; they are not present at all on the F1 install that's working.

I suspect the software encoders are somehow taking precidence, but I don't know how to fix it. There's no interface in the GUI to change order or delete them.

I'm sure I poked some wrong button while configuring stuff after the upgrade, but I don't know what to do next.

I also can't get the system running with my new nVidia 8300GS card, but I'm less worried about that. I'll be happy to get this going with the built-in nVidia 6xxx video.

Last edited by jridley on Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:06 am 
Addendum: The symptoms on screen are that the screen just goes to black. I can escape out but it's VERY slow (hit escape, have to wait maybe 20 seconds before it returns back to the menu).
I can play video that was previously recorded without any problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:30 pm 
http://www.knoppmythwiki.org/index.php? ... WatchingTV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:13 pm 
psicard wrote:
http://www.knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page=BlackScreenWatchingTV

Thanks! That did it. I had the wrong card type selected (analog V4L rather than MPEG-2 Hardware).

The normal install is too good; I had never touched that before. I don't know how it got joggled, I probably bumped it accidentally.

Now I just need to wait for my nVidia 6000 series card to come in to replace the 8300GS that I can't get working under this, and I'm set to button the thing up.