View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:16 am 
Because of the Schedules Direct/zap2it changeover I was compelled to upgrade my somewhat ancient knoppmyth install. I forget what version I had and it isn't relevant to my query. Except to note that I could never get my Matrix Orbital MX2 USB LCD display working with my previous install and was hoping to gain that from the changeover.

Anyway. I was able to get it to work better than ever before. I cannot get it to work at startup but if I follow the example provided by ErikU.

http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13860&

And start LCDd and killall mythlcdserver and restart mythlcdserver it works but displays some stray characters. I would say the display is about 90% characters.

I also see messages like this:

LCDProcClient: WARNING: Something is gettingpassed to LCDd that it doesn't understand

I have read that this means mythtv has been compiled with a different version of the LCDProc protocol.

I am using the LCDProc and mythlcdserver provided in R5F27 and have none nothing but configure my LCDd.conf file and start up LCDd and mythlcdserver

I also updated /etc/default/LCDd as noted here:
http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16448&
But am unsure if this helped anything.

When I start mythlcdserver I get this message:

2007-09-14 12:38:22.141 Using runtime prefix = /usr
2007-09-14 12:38:22.183 New DB connection, total: 1
2007-09-14 12:38:22.201 Using protocol version 31

Any help getting this to work would be appreciated. I would also like to get this to work at startup without the killall restart trick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:06 pm 
Quote:
I also see messages like this:

LCDProcClient: WARNING: Something is gettingpassed to LCDd that it doesn't understand

From http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Mythlcdserver:
Quote:
MythTV 0.19.0 and prior can only communicate in the LCDProc 0.4.x protocol.
MythTV 0.20.0 and up should be able to communicate in both LCDProc 0.4.x and 0.5.x protocol versions. (this may be a build option?)

Can you try to determine what specific version of LCDProc and MythTV you are running?

I upgraded to R5F27 also and my version are as follows: mythtv 0.20.2-7 and LCDProc 0.5.2

Also this might not help at all but I was receiving random characters until I changed the speed from 9600 to 19200 for my driver section of LCDd.conf. I am using a serial CFontz though. Hope this helps