View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:48 pm 
I try, to install Knoppmyth on my Shuttle XPC ST62K with the PVR-350. The installation works good, until configuring the TV-Channels. I've recognized, that it is required, to use mythfilldatabase --manual, but is it necessary, to previously enter the channel information manually. I don't understand all parameter in the channel setup. Does anybody knows, if ther exists a running XMLTV-grabber for germany (e.g. tvtoday ?) I don't know, how to work with mythfilldatabase and XMLTV.
After playing a while with the parameters in the channel setup, I had LiveTV on one channel, but after rebooting the first time a had the next big problem. It seems, that the PVR-350 is not longer recognized. The Knoppmyth script request the password and the MythTV-Setup starts. But the TV-Card is not longer configured and it is not possible, to configure the card again.
The problem is reproducable ,if I start the installation again from scratch.

Unfortunately I am new in Linux and in MythTV, so it would be great, to find someone, to help me.

regards
dsm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:52 pm 
tv_grab_de_tvtoday is working.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:15 am 
tanzania wrote:
tv_grab_de_tvtoday is working.

But what is the right procedure to setup the TV channels and fill the database with the EPG data ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:51 am 
Run tv_grab_today. When you think the prog is stuck, change to the console via ALT-TAB (I had to hit that several times until is works). There you need to answer which stations you actually want to have.
Let the script finish und you will have a basic setting in the database.

BUT, you still need to set up the right channel numbers per station.
For this you start mythtv_setup, accept twice "No" and go to the channel editor. Here you will see all stations listed that you selected before. Edit each and enter the channel number on the second page.

WATCH: The frequencies of the cable TV in Germany uses different channel names (like SE12) than defined in MythTV (actually in frequency.c). To get that working fetch the right frequency/channel list from http://www.kabeldeutschland.de/service/ ... tion=start, enter your postal code and get the list.
Compare the frequencies with what is in frequencies.c under Europe-west. Use the channel names that are listed in frequency.c that match the frequency given in the station list for your place for each station.

That did work for me.

Does anyone know why the frequencies in frequency.c are different from what is actually used in Germany?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:18 am 
run tv_grab_de_tvtoday --configure before you enter mythtv-setup

it will ask you about every channel if you wnat it grabbed or not. Then goto mythtv-setup(n/n), goto channeleditor and enter the information needed. Just enter freqid: for K11 enter E11, for S18 enter SE18 and so on, channels above S20 seem to be just to be called S21 and so on (no SE)