View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:04 pm 
Things are actually going pretty good with my setup. It would have worked first time if I had read the directions :).

Anyway, I want to return the monitor I borrowed to set this thing up. The only problem I have is that the TV-out only shows garbage if I leave X (CTL-ALT-F1). The console displays just fine before X starts, but I can't get it back later on TV-out. I know I can just use an xterm in X, but the console is easier to read on a TV. Using X without a mouse isn't much fun either. I can get the TV display back again when I go back to X (ALT-F7).

I am using an nvidia MX 440-8x AGP video card and a PAL-B TV on the composite out.

Any hints appreciated.

Cheers,

Allen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:39 pm 
sorry not much you can do about it. It's a bug in the nvidia drivers, sometimes it happens, and if you are on a machine that it happens on you are just pretty much SOL. Someone may have more details, and you can try the newer drivers, I think they may have improved on this, but all newer drivers have tvout overscan broken.

you could always use ssh from another pc. If you only have windows you could use putty.

Xsecrets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:23 am 
It started working. The only thing I can think of that might have affected it is that I did an update-modules and a depmod -a tryig to fix an audio problem.

The font is small now and seriously cropped at the edges, but at least I can get to the console when I don't have my laptop with putty handy.

ALlen