View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: IRBLASTER Woes!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:54 pm 
Hi guys.

I am really struggling to get myth to play along, I just can't get it working properly!

First my Setup.
Pentium D 2180
1 GB ddr2 ram
2 x 320GB SATA Hdd.
Hauppauge PVR150. with remote and Blaster.

Ok, some background got everything up and running, remote works great, but my IR Blaster does not.

I first spent like 4 days to try and get the, PVR150;s blaster working, I got it to blink! I though Yeah here I go, but to no avail, I used a script I found online (Mark’s Braindump) and it blinked on for about 10 minuets, but my Decoder didn't change, even thou, it was listed as a supported device.

I then accepted the fact that, it may just not be compatible...

So I went the DIY route building myself a simple IR transmitter circuit, I found on the LIRC site http://www.lirc.org/images/better_transmitter.gif

Yet again it blinks away, (using a digital cam I can "see" the IR) but devices are not changing, or responding for that matter, got a config for my Sony Amp's remote, and the decoder, but nothing!

I know I am sooo close and it probably just is a small error or misconfiguration or even a misunderstanding of how I should test it all!

ps, I use irsend -d /dev/lircd1 SEND_ONCE RM-S6 AMP_POWER
It blinks under DigiCam view but no change on the device, I did use the same config and tested the remote with irw and it work, so the config is not the problem

Pleas guys any help would be very much appreciated, I am really frustrated and really don't want to manually change the channels all the time. :?:

Post subject: Re: IRBLASTER Woes!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:10 pm 
QMAX wrote:
...it blinked on for about 10 minuets, but my Decoder didn't change, even thou, it was listed as a supported device.

http://www.knoppmythwiki.org/index.php? ... hSetTopBox

Just because it's supported doesn't mean it's set up and ready to go with that device out of the box. I think you still have to use the scripts in Step Three to determine which code works with your device.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:03 am 
Hi, thanks for the reply.

you see that was the script I was talking about, the send_power_new, I ran it a couple of times, and it didn't have any effect on the device, you know how on some appliances when they receive IR there is some sort of indication like a dot between the numbers on the seven segment display or a litle LED, the decoder in question indicates by a small dot on the seven segment, this does not even blink, but with the PVR150's blaster you can see a red LED blinking, to indicate transmission.

The homebrew device works in windows, did a quick test using winlirc and it did the job.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before, the blaster is working but not working?

ps
I used the same remote config in windows and knopp, so I don't think the problem is directly link to my lircd.conf.