View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:08 pm 
Hello all,

I've been debating whether or not I want to risk a terribly frustrating day breaking my perfectly working R4V1 release to make the leave to R4V4. I've looked at the MythTV site and really going from 0.14 to 0.15 doesn't seem all that special, but I suspect there is much more than the change logs reviel! hehe

So my questions (-;

1. Whats the big reason people are making the leap to R4V4 over R4V1 ?

2. What the easiest and most painless way to upgrade?

3. Given that my system has no CD attached to it (of course I can attach one.. but it's a pain) is there a apt-get upgrade proceedure?

Thanks a million!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:20 pm 
The biggest reason to upgrade is for the zap2it dd support, if you are in the US and formerly used tvgrab_na then you pretty much have to upgrade or do some ugly hacks.

There is no apt-get method for a complete system upgrade, however mythtv 0.15 does have debs that can be installed through apt-get. look in the announcement forum for procedures on this.

If you have a working install at this point I would strongly suggest you not do a full upgrade to R4V4.1 as a few serious things seem to be broken in the new kernel.

Xsecrets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:19 pm 
Xsecrets wrote:
The biggest reason to upgrade is for the zap2it dd support, if you are in the US and formerly used tvgrab_na then you pretty much have to upgrade or do some ugly hacks.

Right, I should have mentioned that i've already done the ugly hacks, and am getting channel listing data daily.

From what I've seen in the mythtv change logs, seems 0.15 doesn't offer my anything too new.

I think i'll save myself the frustrated afternoon and continue happy as can be with my current install.

Thanks,
Mike