View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: I tried R6 No luck
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:02 am 
To be honest I didn't try too hard but It didn't work right out of the box for me. I borked V4L in my R5.5 install and decided it was easier to reinstall than try and fix the problem. So I decided that since I was going to be re-installing I might as well just try the latest and greatest I tried installing it 4 times and each time I had a different issue. At one point I could record tv and watch it in the watch recordings menu but sound was not working for anything and watch TV wasn't working either.
Every time I installed I kept getting errors at the bottom of the page about can't read this file or can't write that or cant read section ###### I think that might have been the problem.
I liked the new UI and the installer was nice and easy. I wish it would have worked but alas I have a 2 month old baby and don't have nearly the time to futz with Linux as I used to.
Thanks to the LinHES gang for making a good product I will check it out again when it's out of Beta. For now back to r5.5 :(

Post subject: Re: I tried R6 No luck
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:53 am 
mattbatt wrote:
Every time I installed I kept getting errors at the bottom of the page about can't read this file or can't write that or cant read section ###### I think that might have been the problem.

Did you verify the disk you burned? It kinda sounds like maybe the disk you were trying to install from was borked.

Martian

Vizio 37" LCD HDTV (1080p)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:17 am 
I checked the MD5 with the iso file but I didn't see an option to check the disk on the disk. I tried r6 on a lark