View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:59 am 
I am copying Cecils Atomic Ant system found here http://knoppmyth.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19476. So far the install went well but I can't figure out how to add the USB Hauppauge HVR device as shown here: Tuner Card http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hvr850.html,

When I enter Myth setup to add the card I do not see an option for this, how do I configure it?

If I cant get the hauppauge to work I Have the SA4250 cable box provided by my cable company. In the back of the box I see two USB ports and one firewire. Can I simply get a Firewire to USB cable and plug it into the back of the cable box and connect it to the Atomic system and than add the Card "Firewire Cable Box? Perhaps I need a USB to USB cable?

I would really like to get the Hauppauge HRV 850 working but I do not know how to add it?

Please advise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:23 am 
Site Admin
When mythtv-setup is ran after installing (or <alt><s> after stopping the backend <alt><2>), the tuner should be configured as a DVB device. As far as I'm aware, you cannot attached a USB tuner to any set top box. Those ports are mostly for firmware upgrades.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:06 am 
I do set the card up as DVB. Than I exit out of that section and select input connections. I set the 850 card to use schedules direct and select fetch channels. I have tried to also just scan the channels but It never finds anything.

One thing I notice in the DVB setup is it says the card is ATSC. Perhaps this is part of the problem.

Last night I also tried the HVR-950 and it does the exact same thing.

Are the 850 and 950 cards only to be used as ATSC?

As a test I used my old Haumpage 150 card and everything works great so that kind of tells me the process I am using to setup the system is somewhat valid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:14 am 
With a DVB card, you need to scan for the channels and not fetch from Schedules direct.

Post subject: HVR 850 scanning
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:43 am 
Okay so when I fetch the channels it never finds anything even with the cable companies cable hooked to the card. I am not intrested in ATSC channels I simply want NTSC that the cable company is providing. So no matter what I set the search settings to it never finds any channels.

Is what I am trying to do not possible?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:53 am 
A DVB device can only do ATSC or QAM. Does a device show up if you set it to a V4L device? From the description of it on the Hauppage Website, it is a hybrid tuner.

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hvr850.html

It is possible that only ATSC is supported in Linux.

Post subject: HVR 850 / 950 V4L device
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:23 am 
Yes the device shows up under V4L after the device listing is says ATSC. I am about ready to give up on this and switch to plan B. Hopefully this thread can continue to get updated and a resolution can be found.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:29 am 
Yes Ericksha you can mix spagetti noodles with chicken soup on the friday after labor day of the week. Although the fish on my plate and the cow on second basement of the hospital might find your lack of humanity disturbing.

I have a feeling ericksha is just testing their new spam account I saw another completely irrational unrelated post the other day.