View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: Nuvexport error
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:45 pm 
I have followed all the directions to install avidemux and lvemux (with large file support) and I am still having problems with the nuvexport mpeg2->mpeg2 feature.

I'm trying to prep recordings to burn them to DVD without commercials. I'm getting an error that says ERROR: failed to open A/V streams(0/0) (I'm assuming from lvemux).

Then it says that it could not remove the demux'd files that were created. So I'm assuming that they were never created by avidemux.

I actually installed avidemux2, not avidemux. I tried alias'ing avidemux to avidemux2 to see if the script was calling that instead, but it seemed to make no difference.

Has anyone seen this problem?

I tried opening a recording in avidemux2, but it said it failed to open it. So I'm guessing I have something wrong with that setup.

I should also add that I just built avidemux2 from source. I was not able to apt-get avidemux since it complained about a dependent library. Anyone able to get it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:13 pm 
I couldnt get it to work either. Are you using DVB? I saw someone post a comment on the mythtv-dev list sayiung that dvb recordings coudnt be opened by avidemux. Try the http://knoppmythwiki.homelinux.org/inde ... 2cutForDVB on the wiki. Works great for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:42 pm 
I'm using a PVR-250 so I've heard great reports of nuvexport's mpeg cut feature with that. So I hope that I can get it working. I'm wondering if it has to do with the fact that I can't do an apt-get install avidemux.

I should add that nuv2disc works for me and will edit out that commercials. It's just really slow and I like the interface to MythBurn better. I was hoping that I can get nuvexport to work instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:30 am 
After some deep debugging, I discovered what the real problem was and I found the solution on the internet.

It seems that avidemux was running, but it was shutting down in mid run without doing anything. I was getting a message saying that it couldn't open the display, but I assumed that was normal since it was running in the script. It turns out that it couldn't connect to the Xfvb server that was also started by the script.

I had to change the /usr/local/bin/mpeg2cut script (installed by nuvexport) so that the Xfvb command line had "-auth /etc/X99.cfg" added on to it. Then I had to create /etc/X99.cfg to have just one line: "localhost"

That filename is arbitrary.

I assume that this became a problem for me since I had to reinstall XFree86 when I was playing with the Gatos drivers and it must have messed up a default permission somewhere for the Xvfb server.

Anyway, if this ever occurs to anyone else, I hope this helps.