Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:27 pm 
Got the PC setup

MB: 7NIF2
CPU: AMD XP2500
TV Card: WinTV-PVR 350
RAM: 2x256
HDD: 250GB

I run the KnoppMyth R5A10 install and get the partian and file system install complete.

I get the message "knoppMyth was successfully installed to hda1" so I continue on...

Auto Reboot, after a long boot process (a lot of cool interesting things happening which I know none of :D ) I get to enter in my root password.

I get a screen that says I will now configure MYthTV so I say "OK"

I set my timezone and time/data again.

I get the "use DHCP broadcast" question, here I am unsure what to do. I have read a few differant things on the forums. I am behind a linksys router and internally I never know what Local IP a given PC will be assigned. I plan on having the complete KnoppMyth setup on a single PC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:40 pm 
you should be safe saying yes to dhcp.

Xsecrets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:50 pm 
Xsecrets wrote:
you should be safe saying yes to dhcp.

Thank you

I get a successful connection to eth0 so it looks good ;-)

I set my module to i686 because I am running an AMD XP2500 chip and move on.

I have an IR Remote with the WinTV-PVR 350 I want to use so I check yes to IR remote and check yes to XcMC because my Mother board (Chaintech 7NIF2) has on board video with this feature. A bunch of stuff happens really fast (mysql commands it looks like)

I am now asked if I want to clear capture card settings. I am going to say no because I am guessing maybe it put some there for me for a reason lol :-)

I will do the same for program data and channel settings.

I think this is where I hit Cntrl-Alt-F1 to setup my nvidia drivers. I am prompter for a username and password. I enter root and my root password to continue.

When I try to run install-nvidia.sh I get an error "install-nvidia.sh: command not found". I assume I am doing something wrong, any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:20 pm 
well first thing you will need to extract the kernel sources. you can search the forums on how to do this. then just do install-nvi<tab> and it should finish the command for you. if there are more than one file that match what you have typed so far it will beep at you and you can hit <tab> twice and it will list your options.

Xsecrets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:21 pm 
Xsecrets wrote:
well first thing you will need to extract the kernel sources. you can search the forums on how to do this. then just do install-nvi<tab> and it should finish the command for you. if there are more than one file that match what you have typed so far it will beep at you and you can hit <tab> twice and it will list your options.

Thanks for your help, I was following these intructions http://knoppmythwiki.homelinux.org/?id=KnoppMythInstall sorry for the simple questions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:50 pm 
Well I am giving up for the night.

I wasn't able to figure out how to extract, though I did think I found the file in /usr/src (kernel-source-2.6.9.chw-tar.bz2). I have a feeling I am using a bad set of instructions and there are better ones out there that go more indepth.

Thanks for all your guys help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:08 pm 
install-nvidia-6111-debian.sh
worked off of an install that had rebooted into the frontend twice without kernel sources
and it works well with the fx5200

ymmv

tho .. it may still be a good idea to unpack the kernel sources ... just in case you want to compile something in the future

the command you would be looking for is
# tar -xjvf file.tar.bz2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:23 am 
I might need to go back to a non Alpha version because I can't see to follow the instructions http://knoppmythwiki.homelinux.org/?id=KnoppMythInstall well enough to make this work. Maybe I would have mnore success with a non alpha version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:52 am 
try the instructions here on mysettopbox instead of on the wiki. the ones on the wiki have not been updated for the preview releases.

Xsecrets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:59 am 
yes those instructions.

Xsecrets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:02 am 
Xsecrets wrote:
yes those instructions.

Yes these look much better

http://www.mysettopbox.tv/doc.html#autoinstall)?

thanks!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:18 am 
I just added a link to the new R5 alpha install instructions to the wiki installation page.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:40 pm 
In the instructions on this site it says, in the Post Installation section, to run at least steps 1-4 in the section 9 of the MythTV setup. There is a blurb, right before 9.1 that is part of 9 that says to install libqt3c02-mt-sql. Am I correct to assume this is not part of the 1-4 step?

Also in step 9.1 is has a note that says...

Quote:
Note: Users that have been running the frontend and the backend on different machines have stated that they have been having issues with remote access to the MySQL database. The following instructions may or may not work. Add the following to /etc/my.cnf on the backend machine and restart MySQL.

skip-innodb
set-variable=thread_stack=256k

I think this is saying that I need to add these values to my.cnf file, but I am not sure because it address users with diff front and back end. I think that note is just to let them know to be aware, but am unsure.

Also my.cnf file is in my /etc/mysql folder not /etc

So after I make the assumption to add these lines to the file in /etc/mysql/ I am told to

Quote:
cd setup
./setup

Yet I have no directory setup on my system.

:cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:16 pm 
Hey when in doubt start over.

This time in the auto install I changed the hostname from mythtv to localhost, no idea why but it looked like my mysql wasn't started last time so figure why not, nothing else to do.

Well it looks like I have got farther to. I got the confiugure backend system instructions mostly done but was not aboue to find any Input connections. When I left this, by accident, it brought down all my local listings and now I can't get back to the Input Connections Settings page LOL :-)

So again I reboot and get the screen. For some reason my Input Connections are not found... I wonder if I should connect a cable to the TV IN, port. Maybe I will try that :-)

Well that didn't work. Still no Input Connections...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:38 pm 
maybe you need to heed the part of the instructions where it says modprobe ivtv and put the ivtv line in /etc/modules. that's if you are running a pvrx50 card.

also you won't have any input connections if you did not do step 1 and create a capture card.

Xsecrets

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next