View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:29 am 
Hi - tried to install MythBurn (installed mjpegtools, dvdauthor, imagemagick successfully after a few problems). everything seems to go fine until I open up MythWeb, and the choice to burn does not appear as it is supposed to.

From doing a little research, I can see that the install.sh for MythBurn has a sed line that attempts to add this in, but the text it searches for is not to be found, and therefore doesn't add anything in. Apparently, MythWeb has changed since the MythBurn script was created, so the text it searches for has been changed (I think to allow some flexibility in the language).

I suppose I could hand code this into the MythWeb script, but am hesitant to do too many 'one off' fixes if something better exists. So I was wondering if anyone has encountered this before and what he did about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:31 am 
Did you restart apache after you installed it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:59 pm 
Hi - Thanks for the response. Yes, I did and it unfortunately had no effect. I then checked the themes.php file and the backup (which the install script made) and they both look identical. When I look in the file, I can see the code for the menu across the top (Recorded Programs, Backend Status, etc.) where the item should have been inserted but it's not there. I can go ahead an insert it by hand (am not a pro at this, but I should be able to insert that small bit of code). Was just curious that no one else seems to have experienced this. I've looked everywhere in the web that I know to look. Is it possible that I got an older version of MythBurn from CVS compared to the version of MythWeb? It really seems that the install.sh script is looking for something in the themes.php that isnt there and then not inserting the new code because it can't find it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:38 am 
i had the same problem

there was a massive thread on here (25+pages) that was lost in the "attack of the script kiddies" that covered many aspects of the MythTVBurn function.

i too am awaiting an update to fix the missing menu issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:38 am 
Double check your paths and rerun the mythburn installer. If you don't have the scripts installed in /myth/mythburn/mythburn there are a couple places you need to fix up by hand. Search for a semi-recent post by me with my diffs in it which should show you the files I had to touch for that. Or else you can do something like this (untested) which should get you a list of files to look at:
Code:
cd /myth/mythburn  # Substitute the directory where you put it!
find . -type f -print | xargs grep -l /myth/mythburn