View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: OTA Listings in Canada
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:30 pm 
After bashing my head against a wall trying to get listings for the OTA HD channels I get here (which are NOT listed in Broadcast for my area on Zap2it) I found a work around..

In Zap2it, set up a Digital Cable account (remove the channels you don't get to reduce the cleanup afterwards)

Shut down mythbackend and launch mythtv-setup, under sources select your Digital channel source and set it up with the Digital cable source (from zap2it) and exit.

restart mythbackend

Run

mythfilldatabase --refresh-today --sourceid 2 (or whatever your sourceID is for your DVB card)

Now load mythweb (easier interface), Select the Config, ChennelInfo and copy the xmltvid for each HD channel in your cable listing to the actual channel you watch, when you've copied each xmltvid to the appropriate channel, check the delete box beside each digital cable channel and hit save. Now run

mythfilldatabase --refresh-all --sourceid 2 (or whatever your sourceID is for your DVB card)

Just like that you will get 14Days of information for your HD channels. If they don't have the HD channel available in Digital Cable, you can use the regular cable channel for a listing, tho it may not be 100% accurate.

Hope this helps out people that don't get listing for their OTA HD.

ATI HDTv Wonder, Hauppauge 150MCE
ThermalTake Bach case