View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:01 am 
Please pardon all the noob questions, but it seems that I've got a "bizarre" setup that doesn't show up in the guides.

I've got an AirStar HD-5000 card and a PVR-150

I can successfully scan the QAM channels and I get my 6-7 HD locals as expected.

Here's the odd part:

I've been told to setup a Zap2It guide for local broadcast and scan for the channels. The problem is that, while it will find the channels, it finds two of them as unknown (even though the logo is like CBS), and for the other QAM channels, it only gets like 2 days of data.

Now, in my case, TW Albany actually has the QAM channels be the same channel number as if I had a digital STB.

In other words, channel 18-13 on QAM really corresponds to channel 1813 on the Digital lineup/STB.

Given that, I can only conclude that my "missing" lineups can be fixed by either:

a) "mapping" the 18-6, 18-8, 18-10, etc. channels to the 6-1, 23-1, 10-1 channels listed on zap2it. But I don't know how to go about "mapping" them.

or

b) Create a lineup in Zap2It that is for digital cable but ONLY has the "18-whatever" channels and see if the scan can match them up?

Which would be the better solution?

My assumption of course is that it's possible to tell MythTV that channel # (I think it goes by the XMLtivid number and not the actual channel #?) is really some other number? In my case, the HD QAM channels have NO xmltivid info listed. So do I use the "analog" xmltvid or digital STB HD xmltvid?

(the search function is down right now, and the wiki and google don't seem to turn up anything for "qam mapping")