View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:03 pm 
Okay for some strange reason when I did my original QAM scan it "missed" 2 channels (either that or I went click happy and whacked em out of the database).

Normally I'd just re-run the scan again except for two things:

a) I also have a PVR-150 card that has already pulled the lineup from zap2it and I know that if I scan AFTER fetching the lineup it hoses the channel database (for some odd reason)

b) I really don't feel like removing the 300+ "unknown" channels again that it finds.

Is there a way to use the command line scan utils, eventually get the information and "insert" them into the database?

(I'm assuming I have to insert them into the database).

Of course, if I could get them into a channels.conf then I'd be set for the future (but for some reason the scan utils don't find the channels, but the scan via the original setup does)?? Maybe I'm picking the wrong sample file to use? When I use the setup utility, I choose Cable High, QAM-256 and us-cable frequencies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:27 pm 
One thing I've figured out is that you can scan one frequency at a time using the transports function. The key to this is that you need to know what channel you want to scan and the appropriate frequency related to it. When you select the scan for channels in the mythtv-setup, select the option to scan a specific transport. This way you aren't scanning all 150+ channels and it only takes a couple of seconds. There should be a transport for each frequency you are using. For example, my local comcast cable channel 76 is 537MHz. I can scan that transport and just add the channels in that QAM stream when I want to add just those and not all the encrypted channels.

There is a channel frequency chart on the Silicondust forums that lists the values used for different types of broadcast and cable frequencies.

http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=12314

EPIA M1000 - 512MB, 40GB HD, Streamzap
KnoppMyth Folding Team Stats

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:14 pm 
Great, thank you very much!!!!