View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:57 am 
I had this card working (sort of) under A30 a year ago and lost interest in the project. I've dug the PC out again and loaded it with R5F1. I can't for the life of me get the card to tune ATSC, North American hi-def signals off an antenna now.

For grins, I set MythTV for NTSC OTA and it worked so I know the card must still be okay.

I know there are many posts about this card, and a section in the wiki. However, I'm (usually) not sure if the users of those cards are in the U.S. The wiki example says to set the card for the DVB input; but the source menu only allows a choice of television, composite, or s-video inputs. I've tried various combinations but so far no go.

So, before I go down the rabbit hole and tear into log files et cetera, I'd like to hear from someone who has this card working to ensure that I have the right settings. Please chime in if you can help, and many thanks in advance...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:24 am 
Site Admin
For ATSC, you should use DVB. Depending on your location, you may need an outdoor antenna. Check antennaweb.org to see..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:26 pm 
cecil wrote:
For ATSC, you should use DVB. Depending on your location, you may need an outdoor antenna. Check antennaweb.org to see..

Cecil--

Thanks for the response. In MythTV setup, I have used the DVB option (MythTV probes and sees the proper type of card), and under video sources named the card as a video source under the 'television' input. In looking under 'Analog Options' when choosing the DVB card, I see that the video device is /dev/video0, the VBI device is /dev/vbi0, and the audio device is /dev/dsp. I've verified that those devices exist in /dev.

I'm a little confused about that, though...if that defines which devices are used with analog sources, what defines the devices to use with digital sources...?

As for an antenna I have an indoor amplified (50 dB gain) set-top unit. With analog sources the picture is okay, but noisy. When the unit was working under A30, the picture off all local HD sources was excellent and pristine. I've verified that the antenna is okay by hooking it to an OTA HD set-top tuner box and gotten super pictures from it as well.

Post subject: FIXED in R5F27
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:30 pm 
I'm not sure what changed in the updates to R5F27, but choosing the DVB option for tuner cards in MythTV Setup now works with my configuration. I get audio and video now.