View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:56 pm 
I've upgraded to R5F27.

All went well with the upgrade, except KM stops playing Live TV or recorded programs when started when my nVidia FX5500 card is configure to HDTV output on the DVI to HDMI interface to my plasma. Prior to the upgrade it work steller in this configuration. I've checked log files, but I don't see any errors. If anyone knows of a specific log file I should review to help, I'd appreciate it? When I configure the nVidia card to output TwinView to an LCD monitor and S-Video to the TV all works fine.

The second problem I have is with trying to set up HDTV channels. I've scanned for channels and the pc-HD5000 card finds 8 HDTV channels. I've also edited the channels in MythTV-Setup (although not yet to my liking). When I start the backend and frontend and begin watching TV, analog channels have audio output through the SPDIF output to my receiver. But when I change to HDTV channels, the video is displayed perfectly. I don't get any audio ouput however. My receiver displays Decode Error for a moment.

On this second problem, I've checked the backend and frontend logs and found no errors. It is even displaying Opening OSS for audio for both analog and HD channels. The funny thing is the recording being saved to disk has the audio track with the file. I'm guessing KM doesn't understand how to deal with the different audio (whether it is 2.1 or 5.1 versus 2 channel stereo as with analog TV channels).

Any help with either or both of these issues would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, with every upgrade of KM I perform, I'm completely amazed at how great this product really is! Thanks to all for making this possible.

Intel NUC mini PC kit NUC7i5BNH
Frontend
Intel NUC Mini PC Kit UDC3217BY
Frontend
Giada Mini PC
3 each WeChip Mini Air Mouse
2 - HDHomeRun Dual Tuners
OTA Amplified Antenna
Since 2003