View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:45 pm 
I'm having trouble scanning for clear qam channels. I'm running knoppmyth R5F27 with a pcHDTV-3000. The cable is basic Wide Open West. I'm able to pick up ATSC stations over the air with the pchdtv-3000. A buddy with the same cable subscription just got a new tv with a qam tuner and surprisingly he picked up several digital channels over his basic cable (not just the local stations)! So I wanted to give it a try.

When scanning the status window shows "locked" for several channels but the output for those channels always says "no tables" and no channels show up in the channel editor. I've tried different combinations of the modulation, frequency table, channel separator settings but nothing works. I can't find any information on what "no tables" means. Anyone know if that would be something in my configuration that I'm mucking up or is it something likely out of my control?

I also tried /usr/bin/scan directly and it found nothing. Eg:
Code:
/usr/bin/scan -A 2 /usr/share/doc/dvb-utils/examples/scan/atsc/us-Cable-Standard-center-frequencies-QAM256

Is anyone doing qam with wide open west, possibly in the central Ohio area? If so what tuner are you using? Do you know what scan setting worked? Or anyone have a channels.conf to share? Any pointers are appreciated. Thanks!

rich