View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: Strange Air2PC problem
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:20 pm 
I really don't know where to begin with this annoying problem. I have a HDHR (MBE) and Air2PC (SBE) setup. When watching LiveTV on the MBE off the Air2PC via HDTV the feed is unwatchable, stuttering every second with no end in sight. When I watch LiveTV off the Air2PC on the SBE via TV the picture is perfect. When I watch a recording off the Air2PC, no problem anywhere. When I watch the HDHR Live/Recorded no problem.

Hardware is SBE Asus M2NPV-VM running R5F1, MBE ASUS P1-AH2 R5F27. I have played with deints and all, but I've got a perfect picture minus using A2PC for livetv. It wouldn't be a problem except that the Air2PC is now the first card used for LiveTV, even though it's the last card setup with the lowest priority.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:04 am 
What kind of processor and network usage are you getting on the SBE when trying to watch live HD? I tried this once using a SBE (Celeron 600 with Air2PC 0.2) I couldn't watch HD on the box, but could record it just fine. Then I was able to watch it on my MBE/FE box (Athlon XP 3200+ with 6600GT). Recordings only though, for some reason I couldn't watch live. I could watch 720 channels live on the FE (they skipped every now and then), but 1080 channels were unwatchable. I did notice that the processor usage on the SBE was pegged at 100% and the ram (256mb) was also maxed out when trying to stream from that box.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:00 am 
ik632 wrote:
What kind of processor and network usage are you getting on the SBE when trying to watch live HD? I tried this once using a SBE (Celeron 600 with Air2PC 0.2) I couldn't watch HD on the box, but could record it just fine. Then I was able to watch it on my MBE/FE box (Athlon XP 3200+ with 6600GT). Recordings only though, for some reason I couldn't watch live. I could watch 720 channels live on the FE (they skipped every now and then), but 1080 channels were unwatchable. I did notice that the processor usage on the SBE was pegged at 100% and the ram (256mb) was also maxed out when trying to stream from that box.

I never solved this problem, but just took out the card. It might be a problem with the card. Through-put was not a problem and neither was CPU. I'll play around with the card in another box to see if I can pinpoint, but I won't have the time for a while...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:04 am 
I also have two 0.2 cards. Both cards were connected to a Terk HDTVi antenna using a splitter and one of the cards used to get a better lock than the other. I never bothered to track it down because the motherboard in that system failed and I haven't rebuilt yet.

It's been horrible having to use the cable company issued box (it locks up all the time). Luckily my wife has approved the purchase/build of a new setup when we move to our new house.