View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: Problems with my HD-3000
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:33 pm 
Since I upgraded to R5F27 I can't seem to scan for HD channels. I have deleted the capture cards and readded them. When I do a scan nothing et picked up and when I close out of mythtv-setup I see some errors on the screen. Here are a couple that I see. DVBSignalMonitor(0)::constructor (-1,Warning, can not measure S/N): Remote I/O error and the other one I see is DVBChan(0) Error: Tune(): Setting Frontend tuning parameters failed eno: Invalid argument (22). Those are repeated several time there may be more but that is all I see on the screen.

Anybody know what the errors are trying to tell me why I can't get any HG changes. If I hook it up to my 350 I can get analog channels just fine so I know the antenna is ok and it use to work in previous version of Knoppmyth.

Long live Myth and Knoppmyth!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:57 am 
Site Admin
Odd... Is your antenna omni-directional?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:11 am 
yes it is a Turk antenna it was working before I did the upgrade that is what is very strange.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:39 pm 
Site Admin
Did you get this resolved? Sorry, nothing really comes to mind. Did a google search for the error yield any results?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:04 pm 
I have not found any resolution to my issue. I am thinking about just getting ride of the 3000 and trying out one of those HDHomerun boxes instead. I have had the 3000 for a couple of years and it has always been a little strange. It never seem to work as well as other people in the forums said theres did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:33 am 
You have probably already checked this, but did you try re-seating the card? Perhaps it got giggled slightly loose at some point.

Another thing to try, if you have a spare hard drive laying around (even a 10 gig would do) is to put in the spare drive and do a clean install of r5f27. If the card still doesn't work, you could suspect a hardware problem with the card or even the computer (flaky ram, pci slot, bus, power supply, etc). Try the hd3000 in another slot, too. On the other hand if the card now works fine, you can eliminate the card and computer as a problem and concentrate on a software or config problem with the upgrade.

Upgrades gone bad could be caused by a defective upgrade CD. Check it for integrity in the drive that you are doing the install from. Or your ram may have just a small intermittent error that only shows up under certain circumstances (like during the upgrade process). Run the ram test for several hours to be sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:29 am 
I have tried to re-seat the card and didn't make a difference. I don't think the upgrade went bad because everything else seems to be working fine. I have not tried to swap spots I could give that a try. Thanks for all of the ideas. I think i may just try the homerun thing because I have just never been all that happy with the 3000 at least compared to what I have read in the forums about how well it works for most people and how they seem to like it. Also I am out of space in my RAID5 array so I am thinking about buy and external RAID enclosure and I will need a slot to put the card into to expand my hard drive space. Thanks again for you ideas I may give those a try as a last ditch before I buy the homerun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:14 am 
I, too, am tempted by the hdhomerun! I currently have an hd3000 and a pvr500 (dual analog tuners). I'm definitely going to need more hard drive space and a little more horsepower if I move to all digital! I should say when I move to all digital. Only one year left for analog broadcast TV and I don't subscribe to cable or satellite. Good luck,
Zig

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:14 am 
In case this helps anyone reading this old thread...

I had similar problems when I upgraded my HD-3500 to R5F27.
I tried a clean install of R5F27 and had other problems.
I found that if you install both the DVB 3.0 capture card driver
(for OTA HD) and the V4L capture driver (for SVideo / NTSC
video capture) that things will work.

Do NOT change any of the "analog options" in the DVB catpure
card setup. DO set the "open DVB card on demand" in the DVB
capture card setup.

http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17090&highlight=

Cliff

Older dual core 3.4ghz Intel CPU
Asus P5PE-VM Motherboard
2 GB RAM
1 TB LVM2