View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:53 pm 
I have just installed my HDHomeRun and everything was fine.
I was able to record and watch recordings.

But I don't know how to create a listing for it. HD OTA listing for my area is not listed in Scheduled Direct. Is there any way to create a custom listing?

How can I change channels in HD? For example: The channel is 2.1! How can I do the "dot one"?

Last question:
Is there any way to know how strong is the channel's signal?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:52 pm 
The HD OTA Lineup doesn't exist for my area. I've contacted Schedule Direct to tell them. It will be fixed soon, I think.

I created a workaround to get the listings for my area HD OTA channels.

The listings do exist on my Digital Cable Lineup, so I created a script which runs mythfilldatabase and when it's finished, it copies all the Digital Cable HD channels programs to HD OTA channels programs.

If someone wants the script, I will copy and paste over here.

I found the ATSC channels as well ;-)

But I still don't know how to see the signal of a channel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:54 am 
Here's what I did, no scripting required.
0. Before you begin, go to the knoppmyth screen and run a backup, if it says "backup failed" instead of "backup complete" don't proceed until you can make a good backup. -- For those unfamiliar with the backup screen; (shame on you) it actually speaks the words via a sound file, so listen, don't watch for the completion status.

1. First, I figured out exactly what each channel was. Some had channels/callsigns detected automatically by the signal, others I had to tune and watch until I saw a "station bug" or could identify the program, and compare it to current listings. THIS IS REALLY TEDIOUS.

2. Next, I went to SchedulesDirect and selected my cable Co's Digital lineup, then went in to the edit webpage and only enabled the channels that I identified in the first step.

3. Next, use the Schedules Direct webpage to print a report of your custom listings. This report includes the xmltvid.

4. Go into the MythWeb Channel Editor
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/mythweb/settings/channels
Use this form set the name and callsign to match what you identifed in step 1. set the xmltvid to match what's on the report from step 3. and for extra credit set the channum to something you like. (i.e. no dots or hashes, but it seems like myth would still be happy whatever you name them.)

5. Restart the back end. (a reboot also works)
6. Run a mythfilldatabase. (maybe with the --refresh-all) Alternately you can skip this step, and just wait for mythfilldatabase to run at its next scheduled time.

Enjoy DTV!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:10 pm 
your solution is really better than mine.
I tried somthing similar to your solution with no luck, but I changed the callsign. I didn't think about the xmltvid.
It works perfectly with your version ;) Thank you.