View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:56 pm 
I recently added an HDHomerun to my system. It successfully handles qam on one tuner and OTA on the other. The only problem I have is when i'm watching live TV during a program transition (ususualy top or bottom of the hour) it kick out to the error "there was an error displaying video".

Another symptom is, if I am watching live tv (from HDhomerun) and the system tries to change the channel to record a program, then that program doesn't record. Here is the error message from the backend.

Quote:
2008-01-24 19:00:02.370 Started recording: Chuck "Chuck Versus the Undercover Lover": channel 7041 on cardid 5, sourceid 7
2008-01-24 19:00:04.397 HDHRChan(1011f596/1), Error: Set request failed (timeout)
2008-01-24 19:00:04.400 TVRec(5) Error: Failed to set channel to 100.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Greg

R5F27
ASUS M2NPV-VM
AMD DualCore 64 6000+ 3.0 GHz
WinPVR 150
WinPVR 250
HDHomerun
Quote:
Quote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:52 am 
I doubt that it's a problem with your HDHomeRun. If you check this post you'll see the problem has been around for awhile:
http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14642&highlight=

Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:51 am 
I see a lot of people saying that unchecking "wait for seq start header" in mythtv-setup has fixed the problem. I do not see that option on my HDhomerun. I have manually changed the MySQL entry for the card using Webmin. I'll report if that worked, later.

Also, I see in the thread above that there is a patch. If the "wait for seq start header" doesn't work, i'll be trying this. Are there any instructions on how to apply that patch? I have never done that before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:31 pm 
The myth BUG 3225 indicates the fix was checked into 0.21 back in September. (My fingers are crossed) I don't know when the official release of 0.21 will be, but the Release of KM following that should have the fix. Since it's been 4 months and none of the bleeding-edgers have re-opened the ticket, it's probably safe to assume that the problem actually is fixed, and all we have to do is keep patient until the fix makes its way down to us. Barring that there's always building directly from SVN; but that carries other risks.