View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:13 pm 
First of all, I'm running R5F27. I'm connecting to a Comcast DCT6200 through firewire. Everything works great except:

If I select an "On-Demand" channel or for that matter, any channel I'm not paying for, I get a error message when I WATCH TV.
Now it gets stuck. How do you get it to a "good" channel? (mythv-setup)

To minimize the problem I have already edited my SD listing to remove all the Pay-per-view and premium channels. Then I went in and edited the channels in mythtv-setup to delete them from the database. So now you can't even get there in the first place.

However, There's always one bad one and I can't ask my wife to exit mythfrontend and run mythtv-setup to change the default channel and then restart mythfrontend. :-) Well I could but ...

SO...

I want to program a button to poke a known good channel into the default and then you can "WATCH TV" and it will at least start up again.

Obviously if there is an easier way I would love to hear it.

Here's my main question. Can someone tell me the mysql command syntax to put a value in the default channel? I've never seen anyone discuss this but I have been wrong many many times before.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:20 pm 
You can set the default channel for that tuner in the myth setup procedure to a channel that always works. Off the top of my head I don't recall if you set that in the tuner setup or where you bind the tuner to a lineup. You only need to do this once. The easiest way to get to myth setup is to

1. exit the front-end

2. hit alt-2 to talk the backend

3. hit alt-s to bring up the setup procedure.

Once you are done with the setup:

1. hit alt-3 to restart the back end

2. hit alt-m to restart the front end.

Marc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:35 pm 
warnek2 wrote:
Here's my main question. Can someone tell me the mysql command syntax to put a value in the default channel? I've never seen anyone discuss this but I have been wrong many many times before.

Thanks
You would need to update startchan in the cardinput table for whichever Video Input is set to the "bad" channel. At least, that's the field/table on my R5D1 + .20.2 system.

Something like (Untested, use at your own risk!!!)
Code:
update cardinput set startchan="<A good channel>" where cardinputid="<The input in question>";

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:37 pm 
slowtolearn wrote:
warnek2 wrote:

Thanks
You would need to update startchan in the cardinput table for whichever Video Input is set to the "bad" channel. At least, that's the field/table on my R5D1 + .20.2 system.

Something like (Untested, use at your own risk!!!)
Code:
update cardinput set startchan="<A good channel>" where cardinputid="<The input in question>";

That worked for r5f27 too. Thanks for your help.