View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:41 am 
Hello,

Im hoping someone can help me over this last hurdle i have with my mythbox, its driving me nuts.

Basically i have done a reinstall of my system (R5D1). Everything is good until i try to scan for channels, nothing gets picked up.

I then install xine, dvb-utils and dvbstream. I create a channels.conf file using dvb-utils and then run the following two commands

tzap -r "BBC ONE"
xine stdin://mpeg2 < /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0

and lo and behold i am watching BBC One via freeview, wonderful. Now how in gods name do i make this work in myth itself.

Please help :-(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:46 am 
Something else, have just installed kaffeine and that works perfectly, what the hell is going on, if anyone has any suggestions no matter how small ill take them, thank you in advance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:09 pm 
Where are you scanning for channels, I had problems scanning for channels in the channel editor. I could only find all the channels if I scanned in the sources screen.(I think that was it.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:20 am 
Hi,
What kind of hardware are you using?

I've only used DVB-T with my setup, and never experienced any problems. In fact, IMO support for dvb has got better and better. Does your card get picked up correctly in Mythv-setup? Have you assigned a source to your card? It seems your card is working, so I would suspect a setting is not correct.

Has it worked previously with KnoppMyth? You say you've reinstalled R5D1, any reason not a later version?

I'm running 5.5 and with the exception of having to edit the order of my channels (for some reason BBC1 was way away from the No.1 slot) it worked like a charm. OTA listings too. Couldn't be bothered wading through the manual setup for channels with the grabber.

I am using Haupauge Nova-T cards atm. (The single tuner variety, as my Nova-t 500 is causing some odd problems.)

HTH, :)

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:38 pm 
If a scan using mythtvtv-setup does not work, you can have mythtv use the channels.conf to import the channels.