View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:51 am 
Hi,

I'm currently struggling with a Satelco EasyWatch DVB-S card with CI and a Seca 3 card in it...
I guess the support for either the CI or the CAM is not working in MythTV or KnoppMyth (running R5.5), as it is working in Kaffeine, not only the FTA channels...

Does anybody have experience in using SECA3 encryption cards in a CI on a DVB-S card? If so, which card would be the best choice...
As I read about a lot of issues with DVB-S2 cards and streams, I'm currently only concerned in SD channels, and we'll see afterwards when the SD is working, to get the setup converted to HD/DVB-S2...

Thanks for all your recommendations!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:31 am 
If you get it to work in Kaffeine (both encrypted and non-encrypted), then it should work in MythTV also. Do you get any specific error messages?

I don't have experience with Seca 3 in a CI on a DVB-S card, but have used the previous Seca 2 card on a Twinhan 1030A and Aston CAM with success for a while. Since I have switched to a softcam setup as it was more flexible for me to use and allowed me to select from a broader range of DVB adapters as they don't need a CI then. I am not sure if I can elaborate on that in this forum. On the mythtv-users list it is an absolute no-no to dicuss softcams.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:58 am 
bkortleven wrote:
I'm currently struggling with a Satelco EasyWatch DVB-S card with CI and a Seca 3 card in it...

Hello bkortleven,

I share an even more basic problem with that Satelco EasyWatch PCI DVB-S with CI module (vendor: 1131 "Philips Semiconductors"; device: 7146 "SAA7146"; subvendor, subdedvice: 1894, 001b); it is not recognized by LinHES R6.01. How did you tuned your settings to make it work ?

Once I solve that, I will move to paying-tv channels as well; presence of the Common Interface slot and small size factor were for me the main drivers to choose that DVB card. But support for it under GNU/Linux is scarce.

Thanks.