View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:52 pm 
Using R5B7 with an HD3000 using DVB (also have PVR250 & 150 installed), normally I have aspect override set to "Off". On "wide screen" programs recorded through HD3000 from HDTV broadcast stations, the right ~25% of the picture is cut off (looks like it's too wide for the TV). I'm using a regular 4x3 TV, but it's not due to overscan. I can alter the aspect ratio (with W key), and in some modes at least the program is centered (fill, 16x9 Zoom, and 16x9 Stretch for example), but then it's basically "zoomed in" so far that I'm losing the left 25% of the picture as well.

Is this expected behavior with DVB driver and HD3000, perhaps when recording broadcast 1080i content? (Actually I don't know yet how to tell which format the station is broadcasting in at any given time so I'm just speculating it may be with 1080i).

Never noticed this issue with R5A16. Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:14 pm 
I would direct you to this page:
http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9129
I'm actually experiencing the same issue, and I actually just haven't had time to do what they've recommended.
Let me know if you are able to resolve this. It's fairly annoying watching 3/4 of the HD picture, but then again, I'm too busy to try to fix it at this point!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:12 pm 
Thanks to information from caballo in the above post, I updated my XF86Config-4 to use a 1024x768 mode line, and HDTV is now displayed properly on my 4x3 TV using SVideo Out. The other good part is that I don't have to re-record anything cuz it was just a playback issue. Thanks entourage for the link!

(This redundant thread can probably be deleted)