View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:50 am 
I am using R5F1

I am trying to assign my ATSC channels using Channel Editor ('E') as I have done many times in the past.

While watching livetv, with the channel editor up I clear all the fields and enter the channel number, I hit the 'probe' button but it cannot find any data. I checked in my account on labs.zap2it and the digital channels are set up and enabled correctly.

I tried fixing the problem using the following but it didn’t help:

I deleted all the channels in Mythweb. Then removed the capture cards in setup and added them back in. Under ‘video sources’ I selected ‘get listings from source’. Afterwards I ran mythfilldatabase as user 'mythtv'. The standard definition channels on my PVR-500 are all ok but ‘probe’ still doesn’t work for the digital channels.

Note, I have two lineups on zap2it, one is for SD, the other is for the digital/HD channels.

Do you think something is screwed in my DB? Any suggestions how I can fix this, do I need a complete reinstall?

<EDIT> As an experiment I tried deleting my two video sources in setup and adding them back in again. When I try to grab the lineups it can only find the one for the SD channels!

I have seen this problem some time ago but can't recall the solution, I will have to look back through my notes. Perhaps I will need to delete the lineup at labs.zap2it and create it again. I don't know if this problem is related, but it seems to me that it could be. Even though I can see that the lineup is there at labs.zap2it perhaps it is not turned on at their server for some reason??

Any suggestions gladly welcomed,

thanks,

Kevin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:03 pm 
I gave up trying to fix the probe problem so decided to delete my two video sources in myth-setup. I also deleted the two channel linups at zap2it and recreated them.

When I try to setup my video sources in setup I can only see one of them still.

Does anyone know how to fix this as I am completly stumped at the moment :(

As I mentioned earlier, I have this problem a long time ago, probably when I was ar R5E50 but I haven't got any notes to remind me how I fixed it!

<EDIT> I also used webmin to chack that the tables 'channel' and 'program' were empty after deleting the capture cards and video sources, so that doesn't appear to be the cause of the problem.

BTW just for clarification ..

I want to have two video sources set up at zap2it (one for analogue, one for digital). I am trying to assign the analogue one to my PVR-500 card and the digital lineup to my Airstar card. I am NOT trying to merge the two sources.

I have been running with this setup for months, but now it is broken for some reason. I just can't seem to get the video source setup to offer me two lineups to choose from.

can someone please help?

thanks,

Kevin