View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: KM Rocks
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:29 am 
Cecil is the MAN
I registered just so I could post to this thread. I love KM and my wife doesn't know what she would do without it! She told me the other day she would rather give up COLOR TV and watch MythTV on Black and White than watch regular old cable/satellite. I have invested a minimum of money and time and gotten maximum reward.

The first time I built MythTV was on Fedora Core using Mr. Wilson's instructions and they were quite good and complete and I got through it in about 3 months. The first time I installed KM it took me about 2 hours and it was off and running. I am glad I did it the hard way as I REALLY appreciate how good this is.

I have been patiently watching the site for news on the new release but nothing is pressing me so I can wait for a long time.

I guess ultimately though the occasional feedback would be nice so we know when to look for the latest release. It could take any form (a short post on the site or a read only thread that we can subscribe to) but I guess from a project standpoint you might as well assign a few weeks of what project management people call "management reserve" and then release it early if it works out or slide the date if it doesn't. Only the US DOD is unhappy when a project finishes ahead of schedule. Realize that if you don't change anything I will be as happy as a pig in you know what and just keep checking the website to see what is happening.

I love KnoppMyth and if you keep me completely in the dark I don't care but I think everyone prefers the light to the dark.

I will say this I have never had to post on here looking for an answer because KM WORKS! I use it as an appliance and love that it is reliable. I go away on business trips and don't think twice if it will work or not. I have used recycled Dell's and for about 400 dollars I have a master backend (750 gig drive) with two tuners and two frontends.

Love it, keep up the good work and don't change unless you want.

Thanks for all your work, Good luck, and give it to us when it is DONE.

Post subject: Re: KM Rocks
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:20 am 
target wrote:
I registered just so I could post to this thread.

Welcome to the Forum!

Your story is similar to mine; I loved my Fedora with myth install; Jarod's guide is incredible. But the install took too long to go through the steps, and I felt like I has to constantly monitor its health. Then, I botched an upgrade, and figured I didn't have anything to lose trying KM.

Havn't looked back since.

Post subject: Re: KM Rocks
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:10 pm 
Site Admin
jmckeown2 wrote:
Havn't looked back since.
:D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10