View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:30 pm 
I might consider that once the warranty runs out but i was hoping to have more control over the file types so they could be used with the AppleTV and iPod.

I'm far from a linux guru which is why I have been sticking with Knoppmyth. The feature set is really good, way better than VistaMCE, but I have had no good easy options for connecting anything to my crappy HDTV. AppleTV seemed to fit nicely between Myth and the TV. And my wife and kids can easily use ATV. (I'd rather they not screw with myth either)

It looks like there is a file used with ffmpeg(?) to give it the control over the file type and size created. iPod.pm but I don't know enough about the file, ffmpeg or what AppleTV supports through iTunes.

Here is the Apple supported files. http://www.apple.com/appletv/specs.html
Apparently they have some hardware support for H.264 so you can do 720p but not in MPEG-4

If anyone has any ideas here....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:07 pm 
I would start with the myth2ipod script as it's already setup and ready to use from the FE. Saving the original myth2ipod script, simply modify the settings for H & W.

Code:
my $nuvoptions ="--mode=iPod --nice=19 --cutlist --nodenoise --nodeinterlace --nomultipass --mp4_codec=h264 --width 320 --height 240 --v_bitrate 768";

It will likely be a trial and error process to get the quality as you want. (PQ and encoding can be quite an art.)

If h264 doesn't work replace with mpeg4. If bitrate isn't good, change.

Also read thru this thread, especially the work reported on page 2. It might save you a bit of time while your tweaking settings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:49 pm 
Well I finally got around to playing with this a little.

I went into Webmin on my R5F27 box and copied the file down to my Mac. I used Text edit to add the additional text to the /usr/local/bin/myth2ipod file.

my $nuvoptions ="--mode=iPod --nice=19 --cutlist --nodenoise --nodeinterlace --nomultipass --mp4_codec=h264 --width 640 --height 380 --v_bitrate 768";

I get one of two things. A. errors out saying that the executable could not be found or B. Completes sucessfully but nothing in the ipodfeed folder.

I then copied the original file back to the computer.

I ran the IPod encode again and it "completed sucessfully" but no file in the folder.

Did copying the file to the Mac change the file? Or are there permissions that need to be changed? I must be missing something, right?

Is there a way to restore the file?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:34 pm 
jorin wrote:
Did copying the file to the Mac change the file? Or are there permissions that need to be changed? I must be missing something, right?

Is there a way to restore the file?

I picked up a tuner card this weekend and tossed it into another box, loaded KM and looked at the file. The permissions were different, changed them back and it took right off.

I just bumped up the resolution to 640X480. Testing...

Post subject: myth2ipod stereo??
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:53 pm 
it seems hat myth2ipod makes ffmpg use the default number of channels and that is 1. where in the script can i change that to 2??

thanks!

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3